Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Locks hair review *pics*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kurlisia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlisia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Locks hair review *pics*
    Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:28pm
I got my order from perfect locks a few days ago, and I've had it installed for 3 days. I got hand tied wavy in natural brown/black 24". So far I'm loving it! I lightened it a bit with a high lift color and it held up really well it's very silky and it doesn't tangle at all. Next time I order from them I think I'll get the straight texture just because I like to be able to have my hair very straight  sometimes and it's not really possible with the wavy. I'll post some pictures tomorrow hopefully... anyways I'm really happy with it because the prices seem reasonable and the shipping is good tooSmile

Here are some pictures!

Edited by kurlisia - September 25 2014 at 7:10pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:29am
Originally posted by kurlisia kurlisia wrote:

I got my order from perfect locks a few days ago, and I've had it installed for 3 days. I got hand tied wavy in natural brown/black 24". So far I'm loving it! I lightened it a bit with a high lift color and it held up really well it's very silky and it doesn't tangle at all. Next time I order from them I think I'll get the straight texture just because I like to be able to have my hair very straight  sometimes and it's not really possible with the wavy. I'll post some pictures tomorrow hopefully... anyways I'm really happy with it because the prices seem reasonable and the shipping is good tooSmile

Smile Hi Kurl! Thanks for posting this review. I have been eyeing Perfect Locks and I think they may have had some mixed reviews in the past. Really glad you are enjoying your new hair! let us know how it holds up after a good wash. I think that's the first test right there. I find even the cheapest hair behaves pretty well before my first wash!! LOL.  How did you install the hair? Did you do it yourself or at a salon?
Love clip-ins and tape!
kurlisia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlisia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 12:46pm
Thanks for the reply! I've washed it a few times now and it seems to be doing well... I installed it myself using the doctored locks method of sewing onto a track made of micro rings. Anyways I'm hoping it holds up well!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 1:23pm
Your pics are beautiful! Well done; I would never know you are wearing extensions. The hair is extremely natural and blends well. I'm sorry; I didn't realize you had already washed the hair several times!! I usually wait about 3 days to wash my hair after install.LOL 

How easy did you find the doctored locks method to do on yourself? I have reviewed it and thought about trying it if I wanted to, say, go on vacation and wanted a more secure install (I use tapes/clip-ins now). I can't braid, so this definitely seems do-able! haha. How long did it take you?

OK, enough with the questions!!!LOL Thanks for sharing your pics.
Love clip-ins and tape!
Sofiaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofiaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 5:26pm
your hair looks great. Actually it is just like mine....same texture and all. Could you post some pics of the wefts you put in...like close up? Also, how many wefts did you put in?

also - what is the difference between hand wefted vs machine wefted hair? I was planning on ordering from perfect locks too since their hair texture mirrors my own.

fakizme: i think the mixed reviews on their hair is from "indian hair" not matching everyones texture....it is not as silky as some. I don't have silky hair so its perfect for me!

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 7:52pm
Nothing substantial to add to this post.. But gee whiz you really are a pretty lady!Tongue

Edited by Divavocals - April 06 2008 at 7:53pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
kurlisia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlisia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 1:19am
Thank you all for the complements!Embarrassed

Fakeizme, I found the install easy to do it only took me about two hours, but I also only put in 4 oz of hair. I do find though that the micro rings slip quite a bit in my hair so I'm thinking about trying tape soonSmile

Sofiaone, I have two double wefted rows in the back of my head and a double wefted row on each side. I'll post a picture of the side one, it's about two inches from my part at the front and it goes down to 4 inches away at the back. I really like the hand tied weft I think the machine one would be too bulky... one thing though is I ordered 24" but it was pretty thin at the ends so I cut off about 2 inches, you might want to order longer than you need!

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:21am
You look so so pretty Kurlisia!
Your hair looks pretty too! The color and texture are a good match!
Sofiaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofiaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 11:05am
thanks for the feedback Kurlisa....those wefts look nicely done. Have you ever done it before? this would be my first time doing it myself. Also, how long is your hair naturally?

You did such a nice job of blending your hair with the extensions. I am planning on ordering the 18" since my own hair is just above the bra strap.....

what size microrings did you use? I was planning on the 3mm and how many per 4" of weft.

I am definitely going with the hand-tied then....my hair is fine and a heavier weft would definitely show through.

by the way, how long do you wear this before you re-do it?

sorry for all the questions but you did such a great job and you are the first one who has posted pics that has hair like mine :)
Athena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 3:21pm
Very pretty, great install.Thumbs%20Up
kurlisia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlisia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 4:24pm
Sofiaone, I used the copper microtubes from yourhairshop i think they are 3mm wide... I am going to try using silicon lined micro rings next time though because my hair doesnt hold regular ones well.

This is the first time I've done a full install using this method but when i had a few tracks in before they lasted about a month. I think a 4" weft would need 6 or 7 microrings on the track... i put them about 2 cm apart.

My own hair is just below my collar bone underneath and the top layer is about an inch under my eye.

I hope this helps!!Big%20smile if you have any other questions i don't mind at allSmile
Sofiaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofiaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 1:11am
HI Kurlisa....how did your own hair hold up before with the wefts? i have never tried wefts and wasn't sure if it would put too much tension on my own hair. Also, did you practice the doctored locks method on a manequin head or a friend before doing to yourself or you just went ahead and winged it?

also- how do you get the back area to blend so that it doesn't look like your top layers are so much shorter than the installed hair?

I guess this is a good question for Frenchie ....if she checks this post too Wink

by the way, I placed my order for the hair from perfect locks.....I cannot wait to get it.....i want it yesterday.....
kurlisia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlisia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:53am
hey sofiaoneSmile  i don't think i've gotten any damage from installing hair this way... I think its pretty safe as long as you take your time doing it. I've had up to four wefts on one track and it was fine lol.. 

the first time i tried it i just did it near the front of my head so that i could see and then I tried it in the back.. doing it on someone else might have been a good idea though!

my own hair is really thin and I havent gotten a real hair cut in about a year so i think that makes it a lot easier to blend... is your hair fairly thick? if it is you might want to get it layered more on top or something before you install your hair

lol I hate waiting for stuff in the mail! I'm so impatientTongue are you going to install your hair as soon as you get it? also, do you think you'll have to color the hair or will it match?

Oh btw I got my order of protac in and I tried a few rows in the front of my hair at the top and i really like it!! I am definitely going to do my next install with it... have you considered using tape Sofiaone? I think it's easier than the way I have my hair installed... it seems to be less detectable too. Smile
Sofiaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofiaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:33am
hi...i ordered the dark brown in the curly....since I have naturally curly hair that I straighten....this might allow me to wear it curly. I am hoping the color is a good match but in the event that it isn't I have some dye at home to lift the color. My hair looks to be about the same color as yours. I was debating whether to order the seamless wefts or the handtied but the seamless only come in dark black straight hair...

i have pretty thin hair too.....and I haven't cut it in a while so hopefully I won't have problems blending.

I think I'll order the tape too that way I can try out both methods....

I know Sherrie and Frenchie do the tape method with their wefts and seem to have good luck with them.....

i was wearing the strand by strand method for quite a while and that is definitely something I don't think I can tackle myself. I like the option of wearing the tapes to give my hair a break from the strand by strand and to allow it to grow faster :).....also I can do more hair and save money

have you ever tried any other methods other than the wefts?.
JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 7:21pm
you and the hair is gorgeous!  off topic but ...your brows look really good? how do you get them so nicely shaped?  you mystic tan don't you?  so do iSmile
coco123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coco123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 10:07am
WOW that is HOT STUFF!!!  The hair looks so natural.  I'm very impressed!!!  is this the exact product you ordered?  Just in the 24" length?
http://www.perfectlocks.com/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=107

I'm gonna get me some too!!!
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 8:50am
u is gawjuuuussssss. The hair looks ace!!!:)
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
kurlisia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlisia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 12:38am
Hey you guys.. I haven't been on here in a really long time but I thought I'd give an update! Coco, I found the wavy hair to be too wavy for me because I like to wear it straight a lot and it was too hard to straighten.. so I bought the straight hand tied hair from the same website and it works so much better for me.  It straightens easily and it holds a curl really well too. I've been wearing this hair for probably 6 months now and it's still great!
hh1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hh1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 9:58pm

Barefoot Sports ShoesWhen I run, I think about Toe Shoes A LOT! Some of the thoughts are cheers, Barefoot Runninglike "keep going feet!" others are chastisements like "WFT is wrong with you NOW feet?" I spent some time with the latter thought yesterday morning. Running Barefoot We ran from Hospitality Point to Shelter Island and back. Oakley Sunglasses Sale was another beautiful, cool, overcast morning... Discount Oakley Sunglassesjust teasing us with perfect running weather.

Toe Shoes
magnum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 4:02pm
photos was deleted, maybe you upload again...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic