Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I too anxious or should I just chill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I too anxious or should I just chill
    Posted: April 07 2008 at 4:51pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new to lfs. I ordered my 1st one from a vendor here in Chicago on 3/2. When I placed my order she took my measurements, I gave her half of the total, and she told me that she would email me with my delivery date the next day, but it will take 4 weeks to receive my unit. I never received the delivery date information, but I didn't really care much because I already knew that it would take 4 weeks anyway.

So last Wednesday I decided to give her a call to inquire about my unit. She was unavailable when I called, so I left her a message she called me back about a 1/2 hr later and left me a message. She stated that she was glad that I had called and she received an email stating that my unit would be shipped on 4/3 and should be here by Saturday, and if not Monday or Tuesday at the latest. In the message she mentioned that she need my email address again. I returned her call when I got the message which was later on that afternoon, and asked her to give me a call. Well, that was last Wednesday and I still have not heard from her. I called her again this morning saying that I was really excited about receiving my new hair and I wanted to know had it arrived yet, and I still have not heard back from her Cry 

Don't get me wrong she seems to be a really nice person, she took the time to answer all of my questions when we met. I also know people do get busy (she has another job), but I would think that you would want to get back to your customer especially since she did give me this time frame. So ladies, am I being paranoid and anxious or should I just chill???

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:15pm
She's probably getting your unit directly from 1 of the Chinese vendors for around $200.00 and if it's a custom order it usually takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive it. It would be good business for her to return your call asap so you don't get worried but I wouldn't panick yet. The Chinese vendor is probably taking longer than she expected. If I were you I would order my next unit directly from the Chinese vendor and save yourself some money. If you look in the Newbie information thread at the top of the Lace Front board all of their contact info is in there.

By the way, my best friend's little girl is named Aminah. Are you from Gaza?
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:18pm
I was  thinking the same thing, cut out the middle man.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ShowStoppers ShowStoppers wrote:

I was  thinking the same thing, cut out the middle man.

I'm always down to save a buck. The only American Vendor I deal with anymore is Annette from California Lace Wigs and that's because the quality of the hair on her curly units is the best I've had. I'm also gonna order from Breh once she gets going but aside from those 2 AV's I'll be dealing directly with the CV's so I can keep my savings accounts looking right. 
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 7:49pm
please believe it, most all vendors in american are ordering from china just like we do, i'm not saying that's a bad thing but if the wait is that long that's what the hold up is..
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 8:10pm
Thanks for the for the advice ladies. I am already 1 step ahead thanks to the message boards here and at BHM. I contacted Rex a little over a week ago to see how much he would charge for the same unit I am purchasing from her and he quoted me $275 and that includes shipping. I am paying $550 with her. I decided to do my own application since I have been studying these boards like crazy and watching all of the youtube videos, that will save me $150. This weekend I drove an 1 hour away from my home just to get different kinds of adhesives for my unit.

She could atleast have called and said something. I can understand if there is a hold up with the vendor, but if she would just tell me that and give me another time frame that would ease my mind. I guess bottom line is I am an Anxious Annie I am I want my WIG and I want it NOW lol LOL

Curly, your best friends daughter has a beautiful name Wink No I am a native of Chicago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic