Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!Need Help!! New Light Yaki -*Updated*PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 10:43am
ok i'm confused...why do i see people sealing the knots before washing...i thought u sealed the knots after washing and conditioning?
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 10:51am
You can do either or both....Some do this to insure that they don't lose hair.  I always seal my knots after I wash the hair....and I haven't had any shedding.
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 10:55am
well my KS sheds some and it was from an AV...I seal it at least 3 times with both 3m77 and patricia nomnick
B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

B-Lish be sure to call the stylist ahead of time and ask him/her if they cut human hair extensions because some of them won' t do it.....something about dulling scissors and corporate policy blah, blah, blah. You don't wanna get all the way down there only to have them turn you away.

Curlygirl, thanks!  Yes I did ask him and he said "Of Course!!  This is LA, Honey" I am very excited.  I will post pics after the cut.

Question: Do most people highlight hair before or after they cut?  Also, you do any coloring to a lace front "off' your head right?  I am assuming so, because how would you rinse it out if it were on the head.

B
B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

You can do either or both....Some do this to insure that they don't lose hair.  I always seal my knots after I wash the hair....and I haven't had any shedding.

I think I will do both.  I sealed them twice before washing and after it is dry, I think I will do it again.  However, how do you deal with the smell of that acrylic on your head?  Seems like it may make you dizzy.
B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:16pm
bump
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:34pm

Looks great, You did a wonderful job for ur first timeClap

birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by B-licious B-licious wrote:

Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

I think I will do both.  I sealed them twice before washing and after it is dry, I think I will do it again.  However, how do you deal with the smell of that acrylic on your head?  Seems like it may make you dizzy.

I usually seal, wash, then seal again, but I do everything the day or night before I apply the LF that way it can air out. When I do spray it I usually do it outside, then wave it out a little bit. If it's not too cold outside I sit the LF on my wig head and sit it by the open window. HTH! Big%20smile
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 1:09pm
Really Looks Good B
meangirl76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 1:22pm
Very nice texture on you. The hairline is natural. Great job!
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 1:47pm
Aaawwwwwww, you look really pretty Thumbs%20Up
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:12pm
Clap You look D-licious! LOL (Sorry had to!) Your hair looks fantastic, especially after the cut and style. Your application looks pretty darn good too; way to go!
birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:32pm
I just looked at the updated pics - it looks good, girl! Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic