Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

supertape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: supertape
    Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:18pm

Those of you who use supertape do you prefer the roll or the strips and why? TIA Big%20smile

Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:25pm
I swear by SuperTape and I pefer the strips...IMO the roll doesn't stick as well.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:30pm
I have both and can send you some to try out.---no charge....Just let me know...

I have used both and the super tape roll works, but it is a hassle to work it..It's good for getting lint off your clothes also..LOL

The tape strips works also, I just find that it's better if I put it on my skin instead of the front lace wig...

Edited by NClady - April 11 2008 at 12:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:37pm
I make a sandwich of SuperTape, (ST on my skin at the nape & ST on the lace at the nape) and it holds for days....for me 7, but I haven't gone longer cause I need to wash my hair.
zelliboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelliboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:38pm
Supertape does not work for me.  I keep hearing you ladies talk about it, so I ordered some more.  I have the roll, and the strips.  It just don't like me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by NClady NClady wrote:

I have both and can send you some to try out.---no charge....Just let me know...

I have used both and the super tape roll works, but it is a hassle to work it..It's good for getting lint off your clothes also..LOL

The tape strips works also, I just find that it's better if I put it on my skin instead of the front lace wig...

Shocked Really! That's so sweet! Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

I make a sandwich of SuperTape, (ST on my skin at the nape & ST on the lace at the nape) and it holds for days....for me 7, but I haven't gone longer cause I need to wash my hair.

That's cool. I was thinking of layering it with liquid adhesive. I really want something that will help the nape hold, too.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:56pm
Just PM your information and I will put it in the mail first thing in the morning and you should have it by Tuesday..

The time that I put it on the front lace wig, I ended up with the tape stuck to all of my hair on my right side...I had a time with taking it out..so I will apply it to my skin/hair first and then appy the front lace wig...
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:02pm
i cannot stand those damned rolls. whew. strips all day. they are easier.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:02pm

I swear by SuperTape and I pefer the strips...IMO the roll doesn't stick as well.

This is the kind of thing I was wondering about. Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by chyna_li chyna_li wrote:

i cannot stand those damned rolls. whew. strips all day. they are easier.

LOLLOLLOL

I will be ordering the strips. I started to order the roll, then I was like, okay why do you get a whole roll for the same price as the strips Geek
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:01am
The strip work great for me.  I use it with no tape combo on my nape!  I get about a 7-8 day hold.
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:05am
How do you remove the tape?  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:54am
I use C-22 Solvent or 99% alcohol....also you can combine alcohol with evoo to create a mixture to remove the ST.
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:48pm
I love supertape strips; however I can only use them in the front as they do not hold for my nape area.  They hold real good for the front in combination with safe grip for a more natural hairline look.
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:29am

I use C-22 Solvent or 99% alcohol....also you can combine alcohol with evoo to create a mixture to remove the ST.

Thanks unladylikediva.  I'm need cheaper methods to remove things.  I just purchased supertape.  I hope I get the hold you ladies get.
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 7:26pm
strips are the greatest. I have a roll of proflex that is such a headache to use.  I just found a method another lf diva uses which are tweezers to apply with the roll tape.  Will be trying this for my next nape application venture.
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Mistress Shaka Mistress Shaka wrote:

I love supertape strips; however I can only use them in the front as they do not hold for my nape area.  They hold real good for the front in combination with safe grip for a more natural hairline look.

supertape don't shine in the front for you?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic