Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I could absolutely CRY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I could absolutely CRY!!!
    Posted: April 13 2008 at 1:53pm

Hello Ladies,

Ok tears are a flowin' right now! I got up bright and early this morning to get my lf wig applied (this is my first one). There were so many things that went wrong I do not know where to begin. First let us start with the color, I requested 4/27/30 evenly blended throughout the wig. Why does it look like a #4 and you have to squint, turn your head sideways, and close your right eye to see there just might be a hint of a highlight.

Second, it was suppose to be a Spanish curl unit and it is more of a wave, NO CURL ANYWHERE!

Third, I ordered baby hair around the parameter, there are like 20 baby hairs total on this wig. She brushed them back because she had to apply the unit, so I can hardly find them now.

Fourth, I think the wig is too small and she did not want to admit it. She showed me how much baby hair of mine she was going to take off and it was not that much, so I agreed (mind you I was kind of skeptical about shaving it at all). When she finished I look like I had a Mohawk! I believe the reason she shaved so much of my own hair was that she knew the damn thing was too small. When she applied it, you could VERY clearly see the 1 1/2 inch shadow of where my natural hairline used to be before she shaved it OFF. I looked like a character from one of those skits on Saturday Night Live!

Fifth, as soon as I got in my car I felt the part behind my left ear lift. I was suppose to stop off and run some errands and get some gas, but I was too embarrassed to show my head in public, so I drove home with my gas light on. As soon as I got home, I took it off and all I had to do was lift it and it came right off with no hesitation at all, just like a $20 BSS wig.

Sixth, and most importantly IT LOOKS LIKE A FLIPPIN' WIG! I know that mine did not have to look like this because I have seen so many wonderful photos of you ladies on here so believe me I didn't have unrealistic expectations. You could post the worst application pic and it would look a million times better that what was on my head.

I was so unbelievably hurt when I looked in the mirror, she looked ecstatic and thought it looked great. I wanted to ask her if she was blind? I could not get out of that place fast enough to get home and take it off.

Let me at least say this, the hair is really soft and natural feeling when applied. I could have lived with the color, I could have lived with the texture because I was thinking if it were layered it would add volume, but I cannot deal with the way it looks on me. Please believe me I am not the sistah that went out and got hair that does not match me or is completely unbelievable. I have a light complexion and my hair color is usually some mixture of blonde (I always wanted black hair but was told it made me look like a plus size version of Elvira so I have always stuck with the brown and blonde family). I have worn a 22-inch Spanish wave since 1995 in weaves and half wigs, all of my friends and even the men I have dated always thought it was my hair, but this I cannot pull off.

I did not say anything at the time because I was speechless, and was just hoping that when I got home I could perk it up a little and it would be ok. I really like the young lady that I bought the wig from she is sweet and I believe that is another reason why I could not say anything. I paid a nice chunk of change for this damn thing and I have no hair I do not know what I am going to do Cry

Please Help!

Edited by Ahminah - April 13 2008 at 1:59pm
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 2:02pm
Ok, Ahminah- I am sorry that this happened to you-I understand your pain, trust me I do. Now let's wipe the tears, pick yourself up and lets think of some possible solutions- u will get thru this and come out looking good-
-Is it possible to return the wig to the vendor and tell her that the wig is to small? or
- Can u possibly sell the wig on ebay or one of the boards and buy yourself a stock unit from a CV? I have never purchased a stock (my head is XL) but I hear they can get them to u pretty quickly.
-Also in the mean time can u throw on a BSS wig while u wait for another LFW to come in?
wetebony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetebony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 2:05pm
I'm sorry you had such a bad experince(sp) have you tried to apply it yourself maybe you will have a better luck. i tried to let someone eles apply mine in the begining but found i could do a better job myself
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 2:55pm
Sometimes they take a lot of tweaking/ thinning to make sure they don't look "wiggy". Once your hair grows back , try applying it behind your hairline. That way you save yor natural hair. If it's too small and you can't apply both the front and back- just apply the front.  don't give up. it takes patience and perserverance
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 3:16pm
Amazon1147 posted exactly what I would suggest. Honey, i'm so sorry to hear about your situation.  It sounds like you need a BSS wig for a while until you figure out your next move.  But, if you have the funds I suggest getting a stock unit from one of the CV's.  Rex sends his stock units out in record speed and I know he has some curly stock units posted on his website right now, if the measurements are close to yours. This lf thing is a learning process and it's been over a year for me and I'm still learning.  The unfortuante thing is it can be an expensive learning process.  Continue to use this board as a tool to learn as much as you can.  This main thing is not to be discouraged by your first experience.  
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 3:34pm
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the encouragement and support. I have an XL head too Amazon. So I know an instock unit is not the answer for me Cry  I just tried to apply it myself using Mr. C's and blue liner, but I just made a huge mess! now I am sitting here in front of my pc trying to get all this tape and glue off my skin. I am just so depressed now I don't know what to do.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 3:40pm
OMG i'm so sorry this has happened to you, so i'm assuming you got the wig from the lady that applied it? geeeez never shave your hair to compensate for what the wig should have already been measured to fit you.. i don't know what to tell you other than it might be necessary to get a bss wig until you can find one or have a unit custom made for you.. i have a 23 circumference and i never buy stock for that reason.. i'm so sorry your going thru this for your first experience.. i wish i could help you with your application..
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 3:43pm
Ahminah, I know you are feeling really crappy right now about your experience.  But believe me when I tell you, almost all LF wearers have numerous horror stories.  My first lace unit was several years ago, back when a basic unit cost over $2000.  I tried to apply it myself and ended up with glue all over the hair and lace (I applied too much thinking the hold would be better) because I didn't give it enough time to dry before I applied the unit.   I couldn't get the glue out of the hair or lace and ended up tearing the lace near the hairline in front where I couldn't hide it.  My second unit was the wrong size (too small) and I shaved my nape in order to wear it.  it matted and tangled up terribly and I only wore it 3 times! 

Thousands upon thousands of dollars later, I have finally got this lf thing down pat.  And you will too.  Believe that.  If you can't get a refund, ask for a credit.  If you can't get a credit, try to have it cut into a hairstyle that hides your hairline.  Work with what you have and learn from it.  That is all you can do.  Good luckSmile
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 3:53pm
Well hopefully you have 99% alcohol or acetone that will remove the glue and tape from your skin.  Just remember, it may seem hopeless now but you do have options.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 4:57pm
Oh no !  I'm REALLY sorry this happened to you Ahminah. If you were able to get that unit she applied off your head without any removers then she didn't know what she was doing. I wouldn't order from her again if I were you. It doesn't sound like she knows how to measure for units or what to use to properly apply them. I'm very confident that over time you will learn how to apply it yourself and will be able to do a much better job than she did.

In the meantime, you can cut some bangs in your unit or, if you don't want to cut bangs, you can wear it in a way that covers the sides of your hairline so that only the hairline at the top of your forehead is visible. You could also just wear a bss wig while you wait for your baby hair to grow back and wait for a custom unit to come. If you get a custom unit order it directly from a CV so that you can save money and be sure you're getting what you ordered. 

PLEASE don't let this initial bad experience discourage you from wearing lf's. Keep reading and practicing and you will eventually get it down to a science. Once your new unit comes you can use the one you currently have to experiment on so that you can learn how to bleach the knots, perfect your parts, modify your hairline, do custom color and highlights, etc., etc.
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:10pm
Sorry this happened to you. 

I got a stock wig from this vendor--http://www.yiweidu.com  The hair is beautiful.  The only thing wrong with it was the cap was sooooooooooo big.   I've worn it and washed it--it came out beautiful. 

I know I will get it right based on the info on this board.  I do a little bit of tweaking on it every time I take it off.

I know if you have a 23" +  head one of theirs would fit you.

Hang in there.  You will be able to do this by yourself.  The tips on this board and the help you get here will get you through.
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:34pm

Wow! Sorry to hear this has happened to you. ITA with the others, especially Curlygirl -- make it work until you can get another. Try applying the front only further in front of your natural hairline, if you can't I'd say go for the bang idea.....Good luck!

I'm off to wash NUMEROUS wigs....why oh why?

Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:50pm

Thanks again Ladies. I cannot get this glue to budge Angry My sides are so tacky. I just tried to call the person I got the wig from and I left her a message.

Is it normal for her to have shaved the entire parameter of my head I mean I noticed that all hair from front, sides and back have been shaved. My skin is so sore from using all the removers it is turning red. I do not have acetone and 99% alcohol. I have been using c22, lace release, and 91% alcohol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Ahminah Ahminah wrote:

Thanks again Ladies. I cannot get this glue to budge Angry My sides are so tacky. I just tried to call the person I got the wig from and I left her a message.

Is it normal for her to have shaved the entire parameter of my head I mean I noticed that all hair from front, sides and back have been shaved. My skin is so sore from using all the removers it is turning red. I do not have acetone and 99% alcohol. I have been using c22, lace release, and 91% alcohol.

The answer to your question is "no". I've never had to shave a single hair off to wear a unit and I don't think most other ladies have had to either. It's just further proof that this woman didn't know what she was doing and may have shaved your hairline in an effort to compensate for her jacked up measurements. You can absolutely learn to apply your unit better than she did.

As far as getting the glue off, the C22 should do the job unless she used Spirit Gum in which case the alcohol should work. Do you know what type of glue or adhesive she used ?

intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:02pm
girl you are making me want to cry ... try baby oil ... its less irritating on the skin ... just let it sit there 5 mins then use your finger to slowly get the oil under the tape. then use toilet paper or bounty hand towels to wipe off the excess.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:07pm
all about my hair has some ready to ship synthenic hair wigs that are very cute she ships next day shipping

happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 8:38pm
OMG I'm so sorry that happened to you. The ladies on this board are the best. Just read the newbie section and I 'm sure that you will be able to apply a unit on yourself. A trick that I read about on the board is to mix together alcohol and olive oil. Maybe that will work for you. 
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 8:55pm
I really don't think she should have shaved so much of your hair off. Was this a custom unit? Wow, kind person or not, I would not be happy with that and would have discloed this right then.  Last week, I had a customer that had babyhairs  that extended onto her face and this would have affected the lace unit's ability to adhere properly in addition to that, the textures were very different. I suggested to her to neatly trim of the areas back a bit,  she too agreed and while I did it I involved her. I gave her a mirror so that she could see what I was doing. Now mind you she did not have theat fresh "shaved" look. It looked neat, not bald. I did it with an eyebrow shaper and slow stokes. It some cases this needs to be done, BUT NOT the entire perimeter of your head, just those tricky areas and ONLY if the customer wants that. Your  unit should have fit a bit OVER your natural hairline and have a comfortable fit. It should NOT be tight and uncomfortable. This is what I would do, I would tell her the truth and hope that she would remedy the situation for you. But as a installer, I would suggest that next time your not happy say so right then so that there is no disputes later, simply because now she can come up with any excuse NOT to refund or exchange it. It clearly sounds as if, she lacks the professional ablility to install these types of units and maybe one of those slylist looking to make a quick buck of innocent unknowing people who new to this LF game.
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 10:30pm

Yes Meechie, it was a custom. I took some pics what my hair line looks like now. There is also one that shows how I usually wear my hair.

PW:myfirst

Edited by Ahminah - April 13 2008 at 10:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 10:35pm
Oweee! Pinch  That looks like it stings. On a positive note, your natural hair is VERY pretty. Were you able to finally get all the glue off your skin? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic