Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LF EMERGENCY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF EMERGENCY
    Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:07am
As you guys know, I run a lf company. Well I sold all of my ORWG to clients and figured that I would be ok because I have multiple bottles left of SafeGrip, Hair Direct HD White Glue and some Kryolan adhesives. My wig will not stay down for nothing in the world with Safegrip or HD white glue and I was thinking that maybe I'm not applying it correctly. The bottles have very vague directions on them and I don't normally use them. Does anyone know how to use SafeGrip or HD White glue?? i did a search and found no real info on them and I even searched Hair Direct. Anyone have any little tips or tricks to get me by until my shipments come in at the end of the week??
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 9:44am
when i used hd wg  i wait for it to dry clear and apply that's it  but i all ways clean my lace with alcohol too that might help, i stop using it b/c when you try to clean  a little bit off the edges it turns white and stands out
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 10:05am
safe grip has to dry clear before sticking... i find that 4 / 5  thin layers of it works
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 10:47am
As for HDWA...apply very similar to ORWG.... let it sit for 5-8 minutes, or whenever the glue grabs the rattail end of the comb, and apply.  That's how I use it.  You really want to use thin layers because the HDWA can cause boogers.  Also if you get the chance PM Breh.....she's a pro with HDWA.
HTH!!!!WinkWink
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 10:57am

I agree with the other ladies.  Most types of white glue requir a drying time so that the glue turns clear and becomes tacky enough to adhere the lace to your skin.  Several ultra-thin layers are better than one or two thick layers.  When I apply, I make sure my skin and lace are free of all glue, oil, products and perspiration.  If there is any type of residue on your skin or the lace, you can forget about getting a good bond.  Several swipes of 99% alcohol should do the trick.  I usually sit in front of the fan for several minutes on high speed to make sure I don't perspire while the glue is drying.  If you start to sweat before it dries, it starts to turn grayish and doesn't dry clear.  This will ruin your app and you'll have to start all over again.

Good luck!

Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 6:52pm
I use safe grip in the front of my units and I have found I get a better grip when I

1)  exfoliate the area first
2)  use alcohol to clean the area and let dry
3)  apply a little alcohol on the lace and let dry
4)  apply skin protector and let dry
5)  then apply safe grip let it turn clear and wait another 3 to 5 minutes before applying unit.  This seems to give me a good 5 to 6 day hold.  I hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic