Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions for Dancing ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ecnyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecnyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions for Dancing ?
    Posted: April 24 2008 at 1:23pm
Hi All,

I am a new member on this site, as I am interested in getting hair extensions, specifically for my dance performances. I have read through various articles on the options available to me, and for budget and convenience, I am opting for either the clip-on option, or draw string option, basically something simple and more affordable.
My one concern, which I don't think I found a good answer on after googling for a bit, is how well do clip-on/draw string ponytails stay on? My dancing is not that rigorous (belly dancing), but it might involve fast turning or even some head bobbing...Do I run the risk of throwing my ponytail into the audience? I figured I could use some pins and a fancy clip to hold the thing, but just wondering if anyone had any such experience?

Thanks for your time!!

-ecnyx

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 2:04pm
Hello and welcome!

I think a clip-on/drawstring ponytail would be perfect for you. I've never worn the drawstring, but I have read tons of posts about girls who wear them regularly. Many say they workout and do cardio with them on and no problems. I would suggest using some bobby pins, though, to secure them for your own peace of mind.

Actually, even a set of clip-ins would probably work. You could just wear a few pieces in the middle of your head (depending on wear you want the ponytail) and tie all of your hair back like you would your natural hair. If you did use clip-ins, I would suggest using a lot of hairspray on your parted sections before putting them in. that way they won't budge! Hope I've helped a little!!!Big%20smile
Love clip-ins and tape!
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 3:34am

I have a client who is a belly dancer. She always wears clip in wefts for preforming.

Lavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 11:25am
I am a dancer too!, I always use extensions for my performances. I tried the drawstring pony tail, and was so afraid of it falling out, I switched to glue in cos I could glue it in have my performance and take it down a few days later. Since your dance form is not as vigerous as mine (salsa) u might be ok with using pins just in case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic