Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintenance Issues Caused Forum Problems
    Posted: April 27 2008 at 1:35am
Hi all,

First let me apologize for any inconvenience that the following message may cause.

The HB Web team was doing a HairTalk software upgrade that started running at midnight (Sat/Sun AM).  Unfortunately in the process the Lace Front Wigs forum and one other forum encountered software errors and was temporarily waylaid.

As soon as I saw what happened I called Jeff and asked him to restore the two forums immediately.  He was able to restore the first forum but not Lace Front Wigs.

Not to worry....later today.....he will be able to extract all of the Lace Front Wigs from today's backup and put everything as it was.  He is already working on it and hopes to have all back up here at Lace Front Wigs very soon.

Until then...feel free to post here under this topic.  We will merge all the new postings with the current Lace Front that is restored.

Part of this is my fault because I wanted the HB web team to create new subtopics for this original Lace Front forum. One is for general chatting and one allows you to list trades.  Another for archiving.

I again apologize for any inconvenience but wanted to let you know what is going on and how we plan to fix it.

Luckily we do daily backups but unfortunately the last backup was about 3 hours old..so a few of the posts may be lost.  Not many though and possibly we will get every single post back.  The bulk will return intact.

As always...if you have questions..you can bmail me, email me at shelton@hairboutique.com or post.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.  I am again...so sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Karen Shelton - April 27 2008 at 1:50am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 3:21pm
Hi,

Thanks to Jeff and the rest of the HairBoutique.com Web Team it looks like Lace Front Wigs has been completely restored.

I am going to close and lock this post and move it to archives to avoid cluttering up the "good stuff" on Lace Fronts & Related.

We are in the process of upgrading all the software here and evaluating newer options.  In the meantime, I will be adding some Lace Front Subforum topics like Off Topic etc.,  If you have suggestions....I am always willing to listen....but no promises.

Thanks for all your patience and again...sorry for any inconvenience.  We do a lot of work on the boards here to keep them running tiptop so sometimes the maintenance gets in the way but we will try hard to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Have a great rest of the weekend.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic