Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Shampoo That Removed Adhesive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Shampoo That Removed Adhesive
    Posted: April 29 2008 at 1:00pm
I was talking to my husband and we were wondering if there is a shampoo specifically formulated for removing lfw adhesive from your natural hairline which enables you to shorten the removal process. I did some research and didn't find anything so I am working on making one myself. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes...if you have some suggestions on things to add to the mix that may help remove adhesive of r preserve your natural hair please post..
When I formulate a successful shampoo I will give the recipe or free samples to BHM and HB members.
Luxe Glam
Rehab for the Addicts (and Virgins) of Natural Hair and Beauty

[IMG]http://apture.com/view/sAlfBhu1jx[/IMG
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 1:22pm
normally i do a pre poo involving oils and conditioners under a heating cap, and after that it rolls out as i go
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 6:10pm
I use C22, let it soak on my hair line about 5 minutes and It comes right out of my hair.  I will admit when I first started it used to take 45 minutes to clean my hairline almost made me give up. But now I can remove my unit, adhesive from it and my hairline in less than 10 minutes.
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 6:39am
Because I use VERY thin layers and I'm bald(shaven) my removal is speedy
Oh So Soft Bonding Solvent with Lanolin is great for removal..   
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 6:42am
I put in in a plastic bottle that has a dauber(sallys beauty) works like a charm
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 1:36pm

Alcohol works great for me! I use nothing else. and it rolls right off.

intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 1:57pm
olive oil is the bomb
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/
NOT W8N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT W8N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 9:47pm
doc pam - what is C22?  i cant figure that out...

i normally use a mix of acetone and IC PM oil treatment- its in a spray bottle and then when i wash it it rolls off...
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 6:53am
C22 is a citrus adhesive remover. I've used others but I find this is the easiest. makes the tape come off without any pulling on your hairs and adhesive residue comes off with a couple of swipes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic