Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut 2 Change Circumference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut 2 Change Circumference
    Posted: April 30 2008 at 1:43am

I am in a way badStern%20Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a unit by the 16th for an event and I can't get a Rex stock in my size. I have a teeny head of 21.5 circumference. Well, I found me a beautiful 23in Chinese light yaki 1B that I absolutely love. Do you guys think I can alter the hairline by cutting back on the back or some of the front hairline to make a better fit. I did this once with my unit from Lacewigsbyrenee.com and it turned out fine but I didn't really care because I didn't like the unit. Now it's different because Rex's units are so nice I don't wannt mess it up. I don't want to not do anything and be looking a hot mess with a darn sew-in eitherConfused. Can someone please tell me what to do?????

-There is no limit to what an active mind can achieve. Never stop thinking and discovering- Me
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 1:50am
I'd say if you're going to alter it, do it in the back area just in case. The hairline area is probably not something you want to cut into if it has lighter density up there. Then you'd be running backwards to the thicker.

I think Sexi has a tutorial on this posted in the newbie thread somewhere. (Can't remember what page off the top of my head). If I recall correctly, shed did this personally on one of her own units.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 2:02am
Thanks Quadratic. I like this unit because it fits my temple to temple perfectly. I usually have to do a custom because my t-t is like 16.5in and that's too much for a 21.5 circumference stock. I will alter it like I did my previous unit. All I did was cut the back and sides. I'm gonna ask Sexi for backup. Let me find that thread..............
-There is no limit to what an active mind can achieve. Never stop thinking and discovering- Me
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 2:14am
Yeah, since you've done it before, you got nothing to worry about. You'll look great.

ETA: Here's the thread, third post down.  Resizing
 I think it was actually Yildiz that did the resizing, sorry about that.

Edited by Quadratic - April 30 2008 at 2:26am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 2:57am
Thanks! I will keep you posted. Hopefully I will have some pictures posted next week when I get my unit applied. I love me some Rex. His hair is irresistible.
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:09am
I don't know about a 23" but I purchased a 22 stock from him and was able to shrink it don't to a 21.5. I just applied 3m77 to seal the knots then stuck it under the hooded dryer. Then I washed it and put it under the dryer again. each time I tried it on to see how much it shrunk so I wouldn't overshrink it. Now it fits just right 

Try this before you do any surgery.
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:10am

I had a unit I had to cut down some because the circumeference was to big. First, I cut it behind the hairline from ear to ear in order to make the unit smaller, and thus far it fits well. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic