Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tooolgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooolgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new girl
    Posted: May 04 2008 at 8:56am
Hi everyone,

My name is Sandra, I currently have hair just below my ears, in a kind of  modern bob style cut, I have been coloring my roots for a long time now blonde, and blonde highlights. I am planning on a pixie cut, think Jamie Lee Curtis like. I am also plannning on stopping the coloring and going gray, I believe I am at least 60 percent on the top anyway. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or the best way to do it without that horrible root line???

Thanks and happy to be here
Sandra
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 8:36am
The root line between blonde and gray shouldn't be that extreme, if its white gray, not steely or silver gray.  You could try a violet shampoo to counter the yellow in the blonde, making it appear whiter.  It may help blend the line by reducing the yellow more in your porous dyed hair, making it just appear that your pixie's ends are highlighted a lighter shade of gray (might look pretty cool!)

I'd wait as long as you can before getting the pixie too, letting your roots grow in substantially, that way when you do get it cut, most of your remaining hair will be all the same color.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic