Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE. need hairloc advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlygirl76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE. need hairloc advice
    Posted: May 11 2008 at 10:12pm

Hi Everyone,

LOVE the site, I'm a newbie and just registered today but have been browsing the forum & postings all week, great info:) I just had hairloc extensions put in 3 weeks ago and I'm in desperate need of advice/tips, etc. So far, I love the hair, great match to my own curly hair but I'm having trouble with the locs slipping. After reading many posts I am now aware this is a common problem . However, I don't want to change extension method just want to find a better loc/extenshell or whatever that will hold better, mainly the low pieces by with hairlocsthe nape of my neck. My stylist has been great but lives 2hrs away so I'm needing a DIY method that I can do in between move ups with my stylist. As far as I can tell, the extenshells or trumpet tubes are closest to the hairloc system, is this correct? Also do they come in silicone lining and where can I buy them??? I'm pretty sure I should buy something with silicone to hold my hair better but I've only found the micro links in silicone and they're not as flat as the hairlocs right? Again, I'm new at this but have been doing my research I just need a little help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh.....what type of opening/closing tool should I use? Will the one with prongs work with hairloc? Or the micro pic remover? I saw that one on hair lab site. Thx so much for your time, this site ROCKSSmile

Edited by curlygirl76 - May 12 2008 at 12:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic