Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair expert in Detroit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair expert in Detroit
    Posted: May 14 2008 at 3:15pm
does anyone know of a salon specializing in long hair in the Detroit area? 
I went to someone my friend recommended, while he was nice and good at his work, he did cut three inches off my length (he had very long hair so I trusted him)  when the cut was over and done with I felt he cut too much off.  I will not go back to him.  he was nice but not what I was looking for

I am trying to grow my hair to my waist.  it has been a struggle for me.  some days I feel like my hair is done growing, other days I can really feel the length.  I am probably six or more inches away from my goal length (of course if I hadn't gotten that three inches cut off a while back I'd be closer to my goal)

any suggestions would be appreciated.  thanks
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
ArielDragonfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielDragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 2:10pm
You need to go to a George Michael certified salon to be assured that you get a stylist devoted to long hair. Enchantress in Olmsted, OH (http://www.enchantress.com/index.html) is the nearest to Detroit. I live northwest of Detroit in the Farmington area, and it takes me and my husband (a middle aged hippie!) a little over 2 hours to get there, but it's worth it. Take a look at what Sunsailing had to say about them in Dec. 2006:
http://talk.hairboutique.com//forum_posts.asp?TID=48357

I have never had a more divine experience in a salon! It is a soothing, relaxing place, Lance and Jody are experts on long hair, and your hair looks and feels wonderful afterward. We go about 3 times a year due to the distance and cost.

Give them a try! Thumbs%20Up
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 2:37pm
Hey, you two, I'm in Michigan as well -- south of Detroit. Are there any others from our area? Naturally, I adore long hair and women who have long hair. So thank you both!
Who has more fun than people?
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2008 at 9:59am
yeah for Michigan!  I am in the Berkley area

I will for sure check them out.  thanks so much for the info and thanks for writing back =)

Go Blue! Go Lions! Go Tigers! Go Wings! Go Blue Devils (I am a student at Lawrence Tech)
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 4:27pm
Since I decided to grow my hair long again I am very cautious of any hair dresser.  Most of them around here seem to want to cut it ALL off the minute you walk in.  I am in need of a trim just on the ends but having a hard time actually going in for it because I don't trust the hair dressers here in my area of WV.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic