Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braid Help Plz!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brattiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brattiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braid Help Plz!!!!
    Posted: May 20 2008 at 7:29am
Hi all im a newbie here and a nebie to braids and stuff. My teen daughter is biracial in the past she has had straighteners and sorta like jeri curls in her hair...i was talked into all of it..yes dumb me but i didnt really know what to do with her hair beside put it in a pony tail which she hated!!! now we have braids with extensions in her hair to start the growing out process she reminds me of the singer "brandy" but she really want something that looks like the following
can this be just using freestyle braiding(micro) all over or do we have to have weave sewn in the back and just do the braids at the top? please any advice on something cute and easy to do as i will be doing this myself...just cant afford the high price salons..lol  thanks for all your help
Lord help me do this child's hair
shorty_y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty_y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 3:58pm
For a style like that I'll suggest tree braids is basically cornrows with hair added and leaving pieces of the synthetic hair out so you can have the style above. It can also be done by making little parts in your hair then braid the synthetic hair in (I bealive this is the style the model in the pic has). Here are some links and photos so you can see what I'm talking about:

henry21r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry21r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 9:45am
first of all i was amazed to see such texture of hairs.. it looks great to me... if you wanna increase only one character in hairs then shampoo regularly and straightening may help...
Henry Cuban Cigars
KelyCostarica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelyCostarica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 7:20am
I am not enough experience about hair removal.  but i am satisfy about you your disorder  classification.Nice..............
Strandzofadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandzofadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2012 at 2:10am

The model in the picture is using braiding hair.

When shopping at your local beauty supply/wig/hair shop. You will want to purchase what is called bulk hair.

Bulk hair is weft free and has a blunt cut. Bulk hair is designed for braiding. Bulk hair can come in Human and/or synthetic. Micro style braiding works best with bulk hair.

Saving time by weaving the back and  drop braiding only  the front requires a pack of hair called weaving ( wvg) this hair is sewn to a visible track and that track is sewn onto your corn roll style braid.
StrandzofaDiva
Strandzofadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandzofadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2012 at 2:12am

The model in the picture titled Hair Sisters  is using braiding hair.

When shopping at your local beauty supply/wig/hair shop. You will want to purchase what is called bulk hair.
Bulk hair is weft free and has a blunt cut. Bulk hair is designed for braiding. Bulk hair can come in Human and/or synthetic. Micro style braiding works best with bulk hair.
Saving time by weaving the back and drop braiding only the front requires a pack of hair called weaving ( wvg) this hair is sewn to a visible track and that track is sewn onto your corn roll style braid.
StrandzofaDiva

Edited by Strandzofadiva - July 29 2012 at 2:13am
StrandzofaDiva
blairgreen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blairgreen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2012 at 7:13am
I like the second style in the pics.borg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic