Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hayden Panettiere has cut her hair shorter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 4:16pm
She says she likes it 'cause it's so easy in this article

I like it too.
HAWG
Sara_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 5:11pm
I love the dark hair on her.
Not sure on the bob I think she needs bangs.

BTW I would love to know how she finds it easy to style cause I have the same haircut and it's a pain in the but to get it to look right.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Sara_84 Sara_84 wrote:

BTW I would love to know how she finds it easy to style cause I have the same haircut and it's a pain in the but to get it to look right.

Maybe she is referring to the reduced time she spends in the hairstylists chair to get her hair blowdried!
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 2:57pm
OK, I've held off for a while jumping into this conversation, but I figured it couldn't hurt to give my $.02.  IMHO, however easy it is for Hayden to do in the morning or put under a wig or modify with extensions, from a purely aesthetic stylistic standpoint, this was a bad decision for a few reasons:

- It doesn't work well with her face shape.  No matter how you style it, a bangless, chin-length bob on a round face is one of the least flattering looks you could come up with.  Hayden is a beautiful girl and so it's difficult for her to look bad with any style, but this is simply a combination that doesn't work for anyone.

- Other than extensions, the style itself limits her options.  If it's not flat-ironed, her natural wave will add fullness to the style that will just serve to emphasize the roundness of her face...which is something a longer or even shorter style wouldn't do.  And she does have naturally very curly hair (unless she's gotten it chemically straightened), so I'm not exactly sure how this is as "wash and go" as she seems to indicate in the People Magazine article.

- Lastly, to make such a significant style change (i.e., a major cut) and to choose the Pob, baffles me.  The style is so ubiquitous now and she is so far behind the fashion curve on this, it becomes more of a "me too" style at this point.  Unlike the "Rachel" that managed to look at least slightly different on all the women that got one, this version of the Pob looks depressingly the same. 

Not faulting Hayden for making a change, since she's young and thus would be expected to be experimenting with different looks, but I'm just surprised this is the road she chose.  Best example of a better route would be Rhianna who snipped her long locks to a couple of different cutting edge bobs that spawned copies before going even shorter with yet another signature look. 

In other words, if Hayden wanted to go short, go short in a way that is as iconic as she has become lately...or at least something more flattering.

Off my soapbox for now,
JF

Edited by JerkyFlea - June 26 2008 at 6:49pm
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 6:03pm
Spot on (as usual) JF, thanks for coming out of the basement to comment!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 8:59pm
Hayden is sporting long hair on the set of "Heroes." These photos were taken 7/8/08. I'm not sure if her original hair (if it was her original hair) looks much more realistic or if this would look better if I had nothing to compare it to.

Who has more fun than people?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 12:41am
Kramer it looks wiggish to me. Sad to say.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Sara_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 9:30am

It does look very much like a wig.

She should not have cut her natural hair IMO.
ksd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 11:25am
She wears a long haired wig when they cut to the future this season. In the future, Claire has become quite edgy and tough, the complete opposite of the sweet girl she is now. This season deals with the villainous quality that everyone has inside them.
Desmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2008 at 11:02am
Hayden was at a restaurant a few days ago and I have to say that I personally think it looks great and it looks a bit different than when she first got her hair done.   There is video footage of her walking out of the restaurant too I think and I'll see if I can find it if anyone wants it.

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2008 at 12:12pm
Looks great to me!
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2008 at 10:27pm
Now while the new pics of her don't look all that bad, I would still have to say that she looks best in the pic at the very bottom of the page.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2008 at 9:37am
Shes got bangs and they totally bring it together.

Good move for her.  She aged, and I mean that in a good way.  If you take her general look and her first big role she has the risk of being stereotyped as the blonde cheerleader her whole life.  While I didn't love the first cut this slight variation gets thumbs up from me.
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 9:31pm
She added a LOT of bangs. I'll reserve judgment until I see it down.

http://img213.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=18327_Hayden_Panettiere_New_Do_5_122_534lo.jpg
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 10:39pm
Will have to see them with her hair down to be able to pass judgement.  I thought the bang-wagon thing was over.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:16pm
Growing out and still looking fantastic

HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 3:53pm

I just saw photos of her on a site and was thinking the same thing. Think it's all her natural growth? I'm not a fan of tatts, but what a doll.

Who has more fun than people?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:53pm
Looks all hers; the time frame is right for that amount of growth; she has one of the best heads of hair on the planet.
HAWG
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 10:03pm
Looks good on her though
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 12:05pm
Not my favorite look in general, but it works for her, and she pulls it off well. Love the confidence in her expression.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic