Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VDiScuil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VDiScuil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1
    Posted: June 12 2008 at 12:13am

Edited by VDiScuil - May 03 2011 at 8:10pm
oceanduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 4:30am
There is a black dye like henna, go to www.hennaforhair.com, it will permanently dye your hair black, I forgot the name of it but you'll see it on that website and you can ask on that forum about it.

I don't think it ever comes out, though, so be sure you like it with a strand test.
VDiScuil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VDiScuil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 7:08am

Edited by VDiScuil - May 03 2011 at 8:11pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 1:24pm
OK, well I guess I won't suggest Indigo then! LOL

Ummm....you could use a version of a filler on your hair, which would be running a level 3 or 4 dark brown hair colour through your damp hair without peroxide. OR, you could mix a dark brown permanent colour with 10 vol peroxide and run that through your hair (leave on for 40 mins). OR you could use a colour conditioner like Artec in Brunette (Cellophanes is good too) and apply it like a colour (leaving on your head for 40 mins to an hour with heat). All of these things would have to be re-done at some time though, since colour eventually fades!Tongue
Love clip-ins and tape!
oceanduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2008 at 12:20am
I just thought of something, I "think" you can achieve a brown color by mixing "indigo" dye (look at the www.hennaforhair.com forum) with cassia or something else, I can't remember.   You can ask on that forum how to get a pretty brown color with plant dyes like indigo, cassia, or others.

Those color-depositing conditioners, or mousses, like Fakeizme said, may be the way to go, because believe it or not they can be kind of permanent. I put a red one in my hair, it was a Graham Webb red color-depositing conditioner, and it never washed out, ever!   Maybe I left it in too long, like for hours, I don't remember.   But maybe you just need to use one of those conditioners really often and it wouldn't be as much trouble as using a semi- hair color often.

Also Artec, Goldwell, Alfaparf, Schwarzkopf make good ones, and Aveda and Matrix and maybe Bumble & Bumble.

I just thought of something else, the brand "Rainbow Henna" has plant/herbal hair colors in different shades!!, no peroxide, but remember, that kind may be permanent forever, but I know they have different shades of brown, medium brown, light brown, dark brown, and I don't think it will have a reddish tone to it at all because they probably don't use henna in the brown colors,   I believe you can get samples:   and here is a link:

http://www.rainbowresearch.com/html/henna.htm

Edited by oceanduck - June 14 2008 at 12:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic