Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BLONDE HELP! ANY ADVICE PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LorenDiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLONDE HELP! ANY ADVICE PLEASE
    Posted: June 16 2008 at 11:35pm

So, to make a long story short. I have slowly gone from a "Marcia Cross" red to blonde. I have posted pics of my current situation is hopes of getting some advice as to how to get to my goal hair color which I have posted below.. I am sort of stuck at this point and don't know the best, and safest way to go..
I have alot of gold stripes left in my hair, which I assume will have to be foiled out with another hilight?
Also, I need to decide what to do with my roots when they come in. I am about a natural 7/8.
I also am wondering what, how and when to apply a toner to this mess! Should I use a demi, semi or perm. toner? What color? What level, brand etc? I have no clue where to go from here...So, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to reach a pale beige-ish  blonde. I think? LOL
Thanks all!
loren

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 11:37pm
Just wanted to note that the crown area of my hair is really not darker, the photos seem to be a bit shadowy..It really is a bit lighter on the crown actually.

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 12:21pm
Hi LorenD; I think your hair looks gorgeous, but I know what you mean about the gold.

It is easier for you to foil highlight those gold pieces and just take the brassiness right out of them. You will never successfuly tone those pieces; they will always fade back to gold. Any strong bleach should be good. If you're stuck with drugstore product, go with Revlon Frost & Glow.

For your base, you are lucky! A natural 7/8 could be lifted fairly successfully with a high lift ash blonde. Definitely go with an 'ash' shade though. Once again, if it's drugstore product, look for 'ultra high lift' or 'high lift' in the blonde brands. OR, you could go for a level 9 or 10 ash blonde and see how far up that can get you without brass.

You should be able to tone your hair well with a semi or demi-permanent colour like Natural Instincts, but if you want professional colour, you could try Color Sync in their level 9 pearl blonde or Redken Shades EQ in 9V or Irish Cream. I would also invest in a good violet shampoo/conditioner like Shimmer Lights to keep everything non-brassy!

HTH!
Love clip-ins and tape!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 2:56pm
Thanks so much! I am affraid of toners as I don't really know what I am doing. So, what you are suggesting is to try a hi lift on my roots in an ashy shade? What about Goldwell in 11P. I work at a salon, so I have access to everything. THANK GOD! The girl who has been helping me is great but I don't think she specializes in Blondes. Would Redken 9V make my hair to dark?-Like drop it down to a level 8?  Could I use that now, or after I hilight again? I have done all my bleaching with ENJOY bleach and it has been good to my hair.  Thanks for your help!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 12:34pm

Oh you lucky girl...access to salon colours/bleaches?!!!AngryLOL

Yeah, I would say you could probably get a nice base blonde colour with Goldwell 11P --- Goldwell is great for blondes!

The 9V Redken is a great toner; it may tone your gold pieces pretty well. I don't think it would go dark, but to be safe, I would mix it with clear (3/4 oz. 9v and 1/4 oz. clear). Redken usually does develop darker with time, but I've heard the 9's don't. If I were you, I would do a test strand on one of my gold pieces (in back) to see if it would tone where you're at now. The problem is, even if it does tone now, it will likely fade and your hair will be back gold. It's best to bleach out the orange/yellow completely and then use the 9v (with clear), so even when it fades, it's pretty. Enjoy bleach is great bleach --- oh, you lucky girl!!!LOL

Love clip-ins and tape!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 4:24pm
Haha, thanks so much ! Yes, having salon access really helps. I know just enough to get myself in trouble Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic