Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Basic Makeup Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andreax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basic Makeup Ideas
    Posted: June 22 2008 at 9:26pm
I am so makeup deprived, and dense, it's crazy... but I'm curious and I'm willing to try it. I know I've always believed in the whole 'natural look', but maybe it's about time I try it? I'll give it a shot, and I doubt it'll be a daily routine thing, but sometimes a girl just wants to look a little prettier one day. But my friends have tried to put make up on me, and they have all failed. I have light strawberry blonde hair, so my eyebrows and my eyelashes are nearly invisible (from a distance, at least). My skin is pale. But because my eyelashes and eyebrows are so light, it's hard to find anything that looks good on my eyes. I'm pretty good at finding lip glosses and blush and cover ups, etc, but eye make up... no way.

If anybody has any experience in this field, thank you in advance. =]
TotalChloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TotalChloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 12:40pm
Hey! I came across your post and thought it would be a good idea to pass this along:

http://www.totalbeauty.com/video/?pid=11MFZ_WNQeyNxmyLTjRUbzxQ7tzuh6lz

It's a video that shows pale-skinned women how to apply makeup. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

-Chloe
TotalBeauty.com -- The smart girl's secret weapon.
We're your resource for all things beauty.
gertiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 12:35pm
Don't buy drugstore makeup, not because it's bad for your skin because it really ISN'T bad but makeup from department stores or places like sephora last longer because the color is stronger so you don't use as much.

Things you should spend more money on or look for better quality are: Foundation, Primer, Concealer and Moisturizer. Why? Because those things can really affect your skin, either good or bad

Don't spend a lot of mascara because it's only supposed to be kept for 3 months and why spend 30$ on someting you're not going to keep for long.

For eyeshadow use gold, bronze, and brown to look more natural.

Since you're Indian I suggest you use bronzer instead of blush.

Brown eyeliner looks more natural, black eyeliner is better for things like a night out.

TO FIND YOUR RIGHT SHADES FOR MAKEUP:
Go to a makeup counter in a department store and ask if they can give you a makeover and if you like it and how the products feel you can ask what they used on you that you liked and you can purchase it

Brands I suggest Clinique(Not expensive and dematoligst reccomended; only for foundation, powders and moisturizer), Mac(For eyecolors; eyeshadow, eyeliner), Benefit(For concealera and bronzer: its expensive but you don't use concealer all over your face so it should last atleast 6 months), and Smashbox (For Primer, you should use primer because it makes your makeup last longer and gives it a smooth canvas so its easier to apply.)

Hope I helped! :]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic