Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What kind of straitener should I get?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jessiilove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiilove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of straitener should I get?
    Posted: June 24 2008 at 6:16pm
I've straitened my hair about a million times. I'm looking to get a new flat iron because right now I have a really cheap one, and it doesn't work at all. It straitens my hair, but it leaves it looking dull and brittle. My ends look fried, even though I haven't straitened my hair in a while.

I have medium sized curls, and a LOT of them. My hair isn't really thick, though, but its not thin. Whenever i straiten it with this flat iron it doesn't stay strait. It gets wavy, full, and frizzy. Can someone please tell what would be the best flat iron to buy for my hair?
Knyte260 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knyte260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:39pm
I am a stylist in CA and I have used tons of straighteners.  For the longest time I had been using the Farouk CHI Wet to Dry 1 1/4" and it worked okay, but it was kind of a pain to style with and didn't hold styles that well.  For styling and straightening, its best to get a high quality 1" iron with rounded edges. A new iron on the market that uses 100% ceramic plates (NOT fake baked ceramic coating!) is the Hana Elite 1" Flat Iron. It's heat up time and heat refresh time makes every stroke count, allowing you to straighten your hair much quicker.

The Elite is a little more expensive, but it is really worth it.  Hana also carries a less expensive iron, the Hana Professional.  Check them out, I will never change from the Hana Elite.

http://www.misikko.com/hana-elite-flat-iron.html
http://www.misikko.com/hana-professional-flat-iron.htm

alyssa libson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssa libson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 4:11pm
hi, i posted in another thread but i think this one seems to be more about what i want to knoe. does anyone know about these straighteners pleasee cos i really want to buy some before the weekend so a quick reply would be great ? x.

http://www.saloneasy.com/straighteners/fhi.htm
SHANNON. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHANNON. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 4:58pm
I use the maxiglide straightener
it also has steam that you let out at the ends of your hair
it works amazing
I have the large size which is specially made for thick / curly hair.
paigem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 3:49am

I just posted similar post on another topic but you should defo try PureHeat Hair Tools!!!! OMG, i LOVE THEM!

Cordless hair straightener, wet-2-dry flat iron and they have a 3-in-1 curling iron. I wish they sold the 3 in a package for cheaper, but these products are amazing! Cordless flat iron lasts for around 40 mins of straightening with up to 390 degrees. This is good, if im rushed in the morning ill js do my hair before class in the bathroom and i take it literally everywhere. I charge at night alongside my cell phone. Im addicted!

Their wet-2-dry is very good too, no blow drying, js straighten from damp hair to straight and what i have noticed along with all my friends compliments, is that it has mire thickness to it!

I dont know where they sell them, i think sephora. I bought online at pureheatcordless.com

Anyone else have PureHeat products? I hear they are huge in Europe!

PaigeMWink
graceful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2009 at 10:28pm
I would recommend the FHI 1" Ceramic & Tourmaline Platform. It is good for curly and frizzy hair because it uses far infrared heat (up to 450 degrees F) and three types of nano technology (Nano Ti + Nano Ti02 + Nano Ag) to straighten really coarse or textured hair.
Nano Titanium enhances the ionic effect, allowing the hair to absorb more moisture for superior conditioning & shine. Nano Titanium Oxide helps remove chemical pollutants and toxins which build up in your hair from normal exposure to the elements. Nano Silver removes harmful or damaging bacteria from the hair.

It retails at $299 but I found them for around $90 on this site:
http://www.simplystraighthair.com/Straightening-Irons/fhi-flat-irons

hairstraight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 11:11am
you may see this site sell hair straightener very cheap and more brand such as Sedu, Conair, Chi, T3 and more hair care.
Chi Hair Straightener, Chi Flat Iron SAVE 20-60%

Edited by hairstraight - March 01 2009 at 11:11am
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 8:28pm

I've had Jap. Thermo Ionic straightening done in LA, Las Vegas and Atlanta .... too pin straight and the ends burnt.  My hair lacked movement and life.  It was dead straight, and no matter how I tried I couldn't get the slightest wave in my hair. 

Two months ago I had the Brazilian Keratin Treatment done.  My hair is super shiny, bouncy and full.  My hair is straight and smooth with a slight wave.  I'm able to get a curl with a round brush.  The weirdest thing is my hair doesn't fall out in the shower.  I have 95% gray hair, and my hair quality is like when I was in my 20s.

You can wash your hair right away with BKT.  With Jap. Thermo. you have to wait 3 days.

My stylist lives in Vegas, and she travels all over the U.S. doing the BKT and training other stylists. 

I'm so happy.  I love my hair. 

LV

BeautyXpert2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyXpert2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2009 at 8:49am

If you are trying to decide on what hair tool to buy, you can follow these 2 guidelines:

For long curly hair use a hair flat iron with a wider plate.

For thicker hair use a hair straightener of a higher temperate and lower temperatures for thinner hair.

Hope that helps

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 26 2009 at 4:15pm
bhingie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhingie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2009 at 1:59am
Originally posted by jessiilove jessiilove wrote:

I've straitened my hair about a million times. I'm looking to get a new flat iron because right now I have a really cheap one, and it doesn't work at all. It straitens my hair, but it leaves it looking dull and brittle. My ends look fried, even though I haven't straitened my hair in a while.

I have medium sized curls, and a LOT of them. My hair isn't really thick, though, but its not thin. Whenever i straiten it with this flat iron it doesn't stay strait. It gets wavy, full, and frizzy. Can someone please tell what would be the best flat iron to buy for my hair?

Like you, i always have a problem about my hair and i wanted to get a hair straightener that really works best for me. So i tried Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron.

If you want to know about it, you can try to read their review: Sedu Flat Iron

Edited by bhingie - December 26 2009 at 2:04am
luvmyhair10025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmyhair10025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2009 at 10:15am
FOr every day use I like the diamond titanium from Babyliss (sigh I love all Babyliss) because it distributes heat evenly, heats up and cools down super fast and doesnt seem to damage my hair.

http://www.lockandmane.com/all-products/style/tools/diamond-titanium-straightening-iron.html Diamond Titanium

But for on the go I like this mini cordless guy. It charges like a cell phone and fits in your purse which is really cool.

http://www.lockandmane.com/l-ion-mini-wireless-iron.htmlMini Wireless

Edited by luvmyhair10025 - December 26 2009 at 10:18am
lexishine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexishine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 4:46pm
The straightener I use is by Hot Tools and I love it. I purchased it from Dvada. I was on their website the other day and saw they have 15% off Hot Tools right now. I also some cool Ed Hardy ones that I have never seen before.Smile
Joannedepan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joannedepan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 5:19am
Originally posted by graceful graceful wrote:

I would recommend the FHI 1" Ceramic & Tourmaline Platform. It is good for curly and frizzy hair because it uses far infrared heat (up to 450 degrees F) and three types of nano technology (Nano Ti + Nano Ti02 + Nano Ag) to straighten really coarse or textured hair.
Nano Titanium enhances the ionic effect, allowing the hair to absorb more moisture for superior conditioning & shine. Nano Titanium Oxide helps remove chemical pollutants and toxins which build up in your hair from normal exposure to the elements. Nano Silver removes harmful or damaging bacteria from the hair.

It retails at $299 but I found them for around $90 on this site:
http://www.simplystraighthair.com/Straightening-Irons/fhi-flat-irons

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! But does it work as nice as it pretends? I have pretty difficult hair!
alli161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 9:12pm
Hey!
I can tell you that I also have curly frizzy hair and since Ive been useing the KADORI hair iron I dont have anymore trouble with it!
It has ceramic tourmaline plates and negative ion heating technology, this helps to make the hair soft and shinny for days!!!! I dont even have split ends anymore.. The price is really decent I paid $150 from my hair dresser.
Try it its amazing:)
jailynstanton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailynstanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 4:36am
I think you should try this straightner http://www.hairstraightening.net/sedhaistr41.html
shelly12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 3:55am
Chi hair straighteners are a brand of flat irons that have gotten rave reviews since they first came out.For smoothing out frizzy hair or turning tightly curled locks into a smooth waterfall worthy of a shampoo ad,Chi hair straighteners work very well.In fact,quite a few stylists for celebrities use Chi ceramic hair straighteners to deal with their clients' difficult hair. I got my straightener in www.buychistraightener.com. I so happy because the quality is very good.
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 3:01pm
I recommend an iron that has tourmaline ceramic plates which don't damage the hair like the rest. The plates leave hair is soft, shiny and super straight.   

Edited by askvivi - August 30 2011 at 3:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic