Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Relaxer/Worse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tangerine5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangerine5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Relaxer/Worse
    Posted: July 10 2008 at 10:19pm
Hi, here's my dilemma.  I get relaxers approximately 4 times per year and everytime I get them I usually go through the same problem.  My hair is already fine/thin, but normally has lots of body. BUT after a fresh perm it looks extremely thin and limp  and lays nearly flat to my head on top and no matter how hard I try to avoid it, it tends to want to part on its on in weird areas.   I've been washing daily in hopes of getting my fine little hair strands out of their current state of confusion from the freshly applied relaxer.  And still here I am...3 days after the relaxer and my hair is still laying thin and flat.   Eventually, it becomes much more cooperative (time frame varies) as the relaxer gets a bit "older" and I am able to work with it better and acheive better body, but is there anything to prompt this along? I have a trip planned in a few days. IF anyone has experienced this problems or knows what the problem is, could you please suggest a solution? Thanks alot. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic