Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow much to condition hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christina* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much to condition hair
    Posted: July 11 2008 at 1:43pm
My hair has a lot of flyaway hairs and is dry. I went to a salon to ask for help with this and was told that I use too much conditioner and that all that protein is bad for my hair. I wash every other day and I use conditioner each time. I also do a deep condtion about every week and a half. I also use leave-in conditioner. She told me to wash my hair as normal with Paul Mitchell Moisturizing shampoo but only conditioner every other time, which would be about every 4 days. She said no leave in conditioners or heat protecters either as they normally contain alcholo that will cause more dryness. Any thoughts on this? Should I take this advice? I blowdry every time I wash, but very rarely use a flat-iron or curling iron anymore.

Edited by Christina* - July 11 2008 at 1:45pm
Poza Salon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poza Salon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 10:01pm

Christina,

I would recommend using Wella System professional products. In particular the repair line for while to tame the fly away's. It is NOT true that leave in conditioners contain more alcohol! and as far as protein is concerned you need soy based protein(which most high-end lines contain thus making them more expensive), not animal based..which will dry your hair out. We have one call Start-up. You use everyday.Check it out

Hope that helps! www.pozasalon.com
Zahava
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic