Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a license?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
torilyn73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torilyn73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a license?
    Posted: July 14 2008 at 3:12pm
I have a friend who recently moved to the US from the Dominican Republic. In the Dominican Republic, she didn't need any licensing to install hair extensions and cut hair. I know to cut hair you have to be licensed, but to do hair extensions, do you need a license? Do any of you do the extension install only and then the customer has to get the cut from someone else? Maybe have a partnership with a local stylist. You do the extentions and then send them to the stylist to finish up? I'm just looking for ideas that can get my friend some income coming in. She is really good at extentions but is afraid of getting in trouble legally.

Any advice?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2008 at 12:31am
She should contact the cosmetology board for the state that she is going to move to and see what their rules are regarding the matter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic