Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

first post!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ilovejoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first post!
    Posted: July 17 2008 at 12:53am
I've read quite a few of the posts in this bloopers board, and thought you all would be more helpful than some boards I've seen. In the last 6 months I've had my hair bleached twice by a friend in the cosmetology/hair field working on her license, it was one bleach after the next. I was trying to get my unnatural bright red color to blonde. As alot people have had happened before me, It turned an uneven orange, and was dry & brittle. I ran out to cover it with a caramel brown,...a month later I went to a colorist who I knew who talked me into getting a copper/auburn type color..hard to explain it's like a brownish red. I dont hate it, but It's definitely not for me, brings out the pink in my skin tone I believe. I'd like to try for a nice blonde [not too specific, any blonde will do at this moment, LoL] I have thick, wavy, [kind of course but im working on the texture] mid back length hair.  I'm not going to make the mistake again of letting just anyone do my hair, so do any of you know how long I will be in the salon for, the processes I will have to go through, what products i should use to help my hair beforehand, and how much the average cost is so I can be a bit more educated. I'd hate to be swindled, and most importantly dont want to be injured by a mistake that I can prevent. Very weary of colorists now. Thankyou! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic