Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kristin Kreuk goes short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kristin Kreuk goes short
    Posted: July 29 2008 at 2:52pm
http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2008/07/29/kristin-kreuk-cut-off-her-hair

From her blog ...

So,

I am assuming there are a few of you who are wanting to murder me at this precise moment… Now, deep breaths, it will grow back at some point. And I think it is pretty darn cute.

For three years I have been wanting to cut my hair. It’s been long for about 15 bloody years. If I had not been working on a television series I would have cut it a while ago. I suppose this is kind of an expression of freedom, haha. Us gals tend to have so much tied up in hair. There is like this emotional attachment to it, and it is apparently a REALLY big deal to cut it all off…in one go. I had a plethora or offers to come with, to document, and I just went in there on my own and Sarah (she is the key hairstylist on Smallville, and is freakin rad) tied it in a ponytail and sawed the sucker off…

And now I have short hair. It feels really different. My head feels different. Washing my hair this morning was by far the strangest experience I have had in a while… Like, there is no hair there. And there was before. And now there isn’t. Really weird. And yoga was fun with no hair. And I can feel the wind rush through, and the sun hit the nape of my neck, and my head feels LIGHT. I am experiencing the world in a new way. Really that is how I feel about this new phase in my life.

Apart from my family, Smallville is the longest relationship I have been in. 7+ years. And it has now pretty much ended. The decisions I am making now are a reflection of where I am in my 20’s. GBD is my primary commitment at this point, as well as my relationships. I have got to admit that it is really strange to not walk into that studio every week. But, there is a whole world of new shizznat that I now have the opportunity to choose. I can grab the proverbial hair goo of life and play… I told you all last week. I am sappy.

Love,

Kristin

p.s. I have never used hair goo until now. I actually need to style my hair now. Oh, the possibilities….

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 3:29pm
     OMG! Dead Bob
BazookaJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BazookaJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:03pm

Doesn't look as bad in this pic:

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:28pm
in a surprising move even to myself, I have to give it a bit of a thumbs up. It's definitely not a style I'm usually a fan of, but it's such a change from her old style that I can't help but be impressed with her guts (if not her style decisions). It'd definitely get my heart racing if I saw it in person.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 5:24pm
Not a style at all in that picture--but at least it's real news.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 11:30pm
I guess she doesn't care that much how her hair looks. Becuase if she did, I think she would be pretty sad about how her hair looks now.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:49am
Sorry doen't work. Oh well as she said it will grow back.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 5:57am
I think it's cute and she seems happy
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 7:47am
I like it, something different. Maybe she will add some funky colour next.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 8:19am
I'm holding judgment on the cut until I can see more/better pictures of it styled. She's very pretty and could pull off a short style. I think a short style will accent those killer eyes of hers! We'll see if this is a style or a hack job.

Edited by texdillo - July 30 2008 at 9:31am
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 9:22am
It shows the weird world we're in that a woman can do something for herself that she's always wanted to do feels she has to apologize to strangers for doing it.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:08am
Lets wait and see what it looks like styled....i think it is great that she did something that she wanted to do, and yes, it is sad that she feels that she has to apologize for it!
tinalonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinalonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 11:48am
i have never been a fan or found her that pretty, but she looks REALLY bad now. 
tina
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:19pm
Interesting cut, and interesting reactions. I've thought for the last few seasons of Smallville, certainly since the gang graduated from high school, that she's been overdue for an update from the long, straight, center-part routine, as all the other characters have. And thought she might look great with a shorter style.

But not this short, and not this style. Hoping it'll look better than the pic above, where I think it looks almost - IMHO - boyish. I'd have suggested maybe shoulder length with long bangs and layers. She went all the way!

But she certainly doesn't have to apologize to me, as she seems to love it, and just cutting it that short almost forces her to try what I'm sure will be some great new styles as she either keeps it that length, or slowly grows it out. And plays with styling product! And I definitely admire her courage for making such a dramatic change all at once. So I'll just consider this one stage in a journey toward some great new styles!

Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
REVITUP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REVITUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 2:49pm
I have been a big fan of Smallville since the beginning of the show, and as the years have gone on, I have waited with baited breath for a change in Kristin Kreuk's hair. As Curlyfan said nicely, as the characters aged on the show, it would have been nice to get her away from the teenage look, and something more mature as he suggested would have been great.

But I would never would have expected this! I really have to hold my conclusion until we get to see some better pictures. Based on the pictures here, (which look like she held out her arm and took the pictures herself)  this chioce of style does nothing to enhance her features. In fact it appears to have done the opposite. Instead of looking more mature, it makes her look younger.

But if this is what she wanted, then more power to her. If she feels that it what she needed at this time, that is her decision alone. It appears that the concensus here is toward the negative as far as her choice of style, but as everyone, including her, have said - it will always grow back. In case of emergency, there are always extensions.
illhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 11:44am
Not liking it. Sorry. As much as I am sick of Lana Lang on Smallville, as much as I am sick of her relationship with Clark on Smallville, I did love her long hair. And I will miss seeing that beautiful hair frame that pretty face of her's.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2009 at 12:02pm
Update 15 months later:

Who has more fun than people?
Rayman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2009 at 6:09am
Really liked that short bob she's been sporting for a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hh1t00aaII
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2009 at 6:47am
WOW! I like it
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 11:37pm
She looked awesome on "Chuck" tonight

HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic