Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toner help, wanting a grey blonde.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bebexdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebexdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toner help, wanting a grey blonde.
    Posted: July 31 2008 at 1:39am
Hi I recently got my hair bleached, after I used Wella Silver Lady with a 20v developer, when I poured Silver Lady out, it was brown almost BLACK in color, I was hesitant to put it on but I did anyways. It toned down my hair just a little bit..but really no big difference. I want ZERO yellow in my hair. (I've bleached my hair to the pale yellow stage, with just a few golden strands) So that failing, I used a Lightest Pearl Ash hoping it would turn it more grey, it did not. It actually turned it more YELLOW! YIKES. I was so disappointed! Now Im thinking about what to do with my hair right now..

First off, was silver lady suppose to be brown in color??! I thought it was atleast be a light violet or blue color...

Any suggestions?
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 2:25pm
NO, you were right in doubting that blackness in the toner! It oxidized and went bad. This is why I hate liquid color or toners; they don't last very long.

If you want a grey blonde, I think you need a 'mix' of say, blue-based toner and a slight bit of violet. More blue though. I bet if you bought a fresh Silver Lady and applied it, it would get you to where you want to be! HTH!
Love clip-ins and tape!
bebexdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebexdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 3:33pm
Thanks alot!! Do you think I should bring it back and return it at the store?! 
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 4:53pm
fakeizme~ Is T18 supposed to look dark in the bottle when you hold it up to the light? I had the same thing happen to me *swatch test*  it did turn out grey however.

I used 12 N premium creme clairol tube on another swatch and it turned kick arse sparkly silver platinum AWESOME COLOR lol... I totally didn't expect that but it must have had a lot of violet in it. They really need to put the percentages of colors in the Neutrals since they are mixes.  I don't know if it was a fluke or what but I LOVE IT.  I like vibrant reflective color not flat or matte.

I also got Roux Ultra white minx that smells delicious but looks like it makes the hair stick together & looked a bit drab so I will have to test that again.

Love colorEmbarrassed

I heard Torrids platinum lightening or electric pearl would look a beautiful vibrant platinum/grey type.... am going to test those too.

Edited by borne.blonde - July 31 2008 at 4:55pm
bebexdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebexdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 1:56am
I put on this highlift blonde ash color and it was violet. It toned down my hair quite a bit! =) Now im going to add a few brown streaks so it doesnt look so overwhelming. Thanks everyone ..
bebexdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebexdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 1:56am
And what should I do about the left over toners?! I brought about 3 of them and they are all oxidized.. 
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 2:23pm
You know...Borne blonde brings up a good point. I did have a high lift ash blonde colour (liquid) and it also looked very dark in the bottle, but it did process my hair fine. although, I tried another bottle the next month that was clear and it worked too. I know that Wella is concentrated, so I do sometimes wonder about the oxidizing --- hard to tell.
Love clip-ins and tape!
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2008 at 3:22am
i had a bottle of wella T18 awhile ago that was brownish but it was all i had so i used it. it did nothing to my hair whatsoever.

if you want no yellow in your hair, i highly recommend this toner.
silver lady has a blue-violet base whereas white lady has a violet base.
violet>yellow and blue>orange, so if all the gold is lifted out of your hair you might be better with white lady.

i haven't used silver lady so i'm not saying don't use it, just letting you know i had great success with white lady!!

Before/After toning with Wella

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic