Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for a new job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leighann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time for a new job
    Posted: August 03 2008 at 5:55pm
Hi, i have been working in the food industry practically  since I was 15, right now I work as a bartender/ cafe waitress and I have been for about a yr . Lately i have been feeling like its time for me to get a new job I have been into cosmetology ever since i was younger and will soon be going to school for cosmetology. I was wondering if anyone has ever worked at a  salon, how to get a job at a high end one and what companies would be good to work for. I am 19 with no cosmetology experience but i am attending college.
antoinette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antoinette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 9:38pm
I will tell you from experience I wish I would have taken the year and a half and gotten me a degree! My first job was working at JC penny and I was working for 5.15 an hr because I couldnt commission. I worked for a commision salon and they took 1/2 of what I made. At the time I didnt have the clientele to start booth renting. Most of my friends I went to school for do other things and some stylist are doing hair at home because of the booth rent and they dont want to give someone 1/2 of what they make! Its a hard business and I  had to learn the hard way. My instructor told me right before I was about to graduate that you will start off making min. wage until you build your clientele. If you are looking to make some decent $ i would say go into the IT field, nursing, business admin, accounting! You start off with a decent salary!
www.myspace.com/netteo81
www.fotki.com/ifeyini
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic