Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chopping time .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vee6390 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee6390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chopping time .
    Posted: August 11 2008 at 11:56am
well, it's finally time i admit this .

i've had long hair since i can remember . at the moment it's grown to the small of my back . it's a medium to dark brown, no highlights, no lowlights, no dying, no bangs, just a couple low layers at the very bottom .

it's wavy, or straight depending on how it feels that day, can get a little frizzy at times (but who's doesn't lol), and is very thick .

i think that describes it well, as of now . anyway, the reason i'm on the short hair forum is because i absolutely love short hairstyles . all of them really . but i've never had anything shorter than my shoulders, & that's when i was about 7 .

i've just turned 18 recently, & i want my hair gone . all of it . gone . but the catch is, i want my boyfriend to do it . i have all the tools he'll need, but it's not going to be easy getting him to do it . he is in LOVE with my long hair . he plays with it, pulls it, messes it, and tells me i look beautiful when it's down and around my face .

i have a fetish with long hair getting chopped off . i find it exhilarating even though i've never exactly felt it myself . i'd be willing to let my boyfriend cut my hair any way he wants, no experience needed . he could shave it if that's what he wanted . but it's going to be so hard to get him to even touch scissors around me, let alone take them to my hair .

so i need help, on ways to convince him .
any comments, or questions are welcome as well =]
please, & thanks in advance .

-- Veronica

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2008 at 6:43pm
Well, if I were your boyfriend (just kidding) there would be no problem, as I love cutting hair, especially long hair to short

How about trying out some of the internet makeover sites (this site actually has one) showing him how you would look with shorter hair.  You might have to have him start off by just trimming it....maybe he will also fall in love with cutting hair...
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2008 at 11:13pm
You never said what he feels about you cutting your hair.  Is he against it?  If he is, you're probably not going to get him to cut it.  I'd try to get him to warm up to the idea of you having short hair; emphasize that you really, really want to have your hair cut and then spring it on him that you'd like for him to do it; tell him that you can always go to a salon to get it fixed. 

Start with something simple like pulling your hair into a ponytail in front of your face; have him cut the tail off about three or four inches from your forehead; you'll be left with a very nice layered cut.  If you want to have some real fun, have him cut the pony with clippers.  After that, you can start having some real fun.  Have him buzz your nape for an undercut; start with a #4 attachment and work your way down to no guard at all.  Just buzz off a couple of inches, say middle of the ear or just below the occipital bone.

Now you can start getting rid of some of the length with either scissors or clippers depending on how short you really want to go.

The main thing is to have fun while all this is going on.

Good luck and let us know what happens please.
HAWG
Vee6390 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee6390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 1:33am

loveshorthair -- i tried the hairboutique virtual makeover application and really only found one short hairstyle that looked good . i wish i knew the name for it and i wish it was 3-d so i could've seen the back lol . it was a good idea & it was also fun to try :)

hawg -- you're correct . i never did mention how he feels about me cutting my hair . he is completely 100 percent against it . he never wants me to cut it . and he says he isn't attracted to women with short hair . i'm nervous about asking him because he'll always have it in the back of his mind, & if i ask multiple times he'll get annoyed . i want a style that can't be tied back into a ponytail . and i refuse to do the whole "gradually cut the hair so it's not drastic" thing . drastic is what makes it so exhilarating . a pixie cut is my ideal cut, but i have a feeling i wouldn't look right with one so i'm willing to settle for something else . also, i don't want a bob . it's too long in the front & would still get in my face . lastly, if i can get him to cut it, i think i'm going to shave my nape . if my boyfriend won't do it, then i'll do it myself when he's not around . just a little taste of it though, i don't want to get too excited & do a britney spears lol . but i've always wanted to run my hand up the back of my neck & feel it shaved .

i'm sorry if i sound picky, or hard to please .
i really appreciate you commenting & trying to help .
i still need to work on him =/
thanks .
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 8:15am
I just dont feel like this post is for real
I have been on this site too long to believe this is true
if you are real why not post a pic so we kniow you are for real before we waste our time  guiding you up to it and then never hearing from you again
and not just any picture why not post a pic of you holding your ponytail up so we know u r legit?
i dont mean to be an a-hole but I have seen this time and time again
and it usually leads to nothingness
if you are for real WOW that is fun
but help us see it before we believe it.............
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 9:15pm

Love Bobs,

Maybe? A picture would tell the truth.
 Vee, it juts seems as if you are afraid of what he would do. As my wife said to me "Are you in love with my hair or me" .
Years ago I to loved long hair but as you grow old you see many ladies cutting it short for many reasons. Not many have a fetish though.

I have heard of those who cut it because of divorce, no time becuase of children, health, spite, just plain old fed up with it, and my favorite is I just want it cut because__________, but not much who have a fetish.

How ever this turns out I hope that you do the proper thing. Good luck
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic