Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MY WIG IS TOO BIG!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY WIG IS TOO BIG!!!!
    Posted: August 14 2008 at 4:47pm
FINALLY DECIDED O ORDER FROM BESTLACEWIGS.COM, AND RECEIVED MY WIG TODAY. I ORDERED A STOCK WIG AND ASKED ECHI ON 3 DIFEERENT OCCASIONS IF THEY HAD MY SIZE, 21.5, IN STOCK. HE/SHE ASSURED ME THEY DID, SO I ORDERED. NOW I OPEN MY BAG, SEE THE COLOR, NOT TOO HAPPY, ALL GOOD THOUGH CAUSE I GOT LIGHTER SO I COULD DYE IT DARKER IF I DIDN'T LIKE IT, THEN I PUT IT ON AND NOW I'M PISSED. THIS B**CH IS TOO BIG. MAYBE I CAN DO SOME TWEAKING. SO I MOVE IT AROND MY HAIRLINE AND IT LOOKS GOOD. BUT DAMMIT, I FORGOT ABOUT THE BACK, SINCE THE CAP IS SO BIG, SO IS THE FRONT TO NAPE MEASURMENT. I CAN TWEAK THAT. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO THE DAMN WIG IS TOO BIG!!! SO MY SIS RIES IT ON WITH HER BIG ASS HEAD, AND IT FITS HER PERFECTLY. SHE'S SAYING IF MY HEAD SO BIG, WHY CAN I FIT YOUR SIZE? B**CH THE $HIT AIN'T MY FU**IN SIZE!! OH SORRY, GUESS YALL CAN SEE I'M PISSED. HO BOY, NEED A DRINK NOW!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 6:14pm
wow ok i know your upset, but you could cut it down to your size or sell it to your sister.. i don't know your skill level, but i've order bigger b/c i didn't trust the vendor''s measuring.. so i measured where it should stop, and cut along the bottom of the wig.. from the ear down to the nape, then across the nape, up to the other ear.. but you have to know how to do that by measuring correctly.. i usually part the hair where i have measured where it should fit me, then part the hair in the direction i will be cutting, leaving  alittle more just in care.. you cut down the middle of the part, more so on the side that will be disgarded so that you won't disturb the knots that will remain on the wig..of course your baby hairs will be gone, but then use fray block to keep the edge from fraying..
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

wow ok i know your upset, but you could cut it down to your size or sell it to your sister.. i don't know your skill level, but i've order bigger b/c i didn't trust the vendor''s measuring.. so i measured where it should stop, and cut along the bottom of the wig.. from the ear down to the nape, then across the nape, up to the other ear.. but you have to know how to do that by measuring correctly.. i usually part the hair where i have measured where it should fit me, then part the hair in the direction i will be cutting, leaving alittle more just in care.. you cut down the middle of the part, more so on the side that will be disgarded so that you won't disturb the knots that will remain on the wig..of course your baby hairs will be gone, but then use fray block to keep the edge from fraying..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 7:58am
for some reason , and i know you responded i can't see your post Confused
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 9:42am

for some reason , and i know you responded i can't see your post [IMG]http://talk.hairboutique.com//smileys/smiley5.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Confused" />
hmmm.. i can't see it either. well what is was saying is that i am trying to sell it on ebay, but am getting impatient since i already took out my sewn in, so i think i may try to cut it. i did a search to see if i could find a video or detailed instructions with pics on how to do this, but can't find anything. do you know where i can find detailed instructions? i kind of understand what you are saying but kind of not.

Edited by mst428 - August 17 2008 at 9:43am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 11:22am
no i don't think there is one but griff did a thread when she needed to fix a wig and save it and it was talked about in that thread.. you can do a search using her name..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 6:16pm
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 7:37pm

no i don't think there is one but griff did a thread when she needed to fix a wig and save it and it was talked about in that thread.. you can do a search using her name..

thanks sexi, but i still don't clearly understand. i keep reading it and reading it, even while at the park today, but i just don't get it. ok so .... wow whoa!! ok i just read the directions again and it went off like a light!! DUH!!! it's pretty simple, don't know why i didn't get it. wow thanks sexi!! i'm gonna dye it tomorrow, then get to cutting! thank you so much!! [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by mst428 - August 17 2008 at 7:38pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by mst428 mst428 wrote:

thanks sexi, but i still don't clearly understand. i keep reading it and reading it, even while at the park today, but i just don't get it. ok so .... wow whoa!! ok i just read the directions again and it went off like a light!! DUH!!! it's pretty simple, don't know why i didn't get it. wow thanks sexi!! i'm gonna dye it tomorrow, then get to cutting! thank you so much!! [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />
your welcome LOL
Myangeleyez1072 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 9:44pm

here's griff's thread:

I used Breh's pencil trick to cut mine down (it was a bit too big for me too,  but I wanted to keep it). It workd perfectly and my unit fits just fine now.

(Holly did a great job, my unit was a stock and I ordered it knowing it would be a lil big on me.)

Edited by Myangeleyez1072 - August 18 2008 at 10:38pm
"May those who love us, love us. & 4 those that do not love us, may God turn their hearts. As 4 those who's hearts He cannot turn, may God turn their ankles so that we can know them by their limping."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic