Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clairol changed formula & my hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
affie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote affie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clairol changed formula & my hair color
    Posted: August 27 2008 at 4:41pm
Hello,
    Due to a thyroid condition, my hairdresser friend told me no peroxide and no ammonia. I now use Clairol Loving Care Auburn #80. The dark brown hair stays dark and all the gray turns red. So I now have a LOT of red. LOL Problem I bought several 4/30 hair pieces which looked great, until they changed the formula. Oh Yes They Did. They swear the formula is the same but my hair is now 4/130. Looks great love it bought all new hair pieces. Oh, but wait, it gets better. Auburn #80 is for some reason hard to find. So when I got the chance I purchased six boxes. Turns out some of them are OLD formula and some of them are NEW formula. I called the 1-800 number just to ask how to tell the difference between the old and new. They denied any change and blamed it on my technique. So I took two clippings from my hair, at the same time from the same location on my head. Colored one swatch in the near empty bottle of the old formula and one swatch in a new formula. You guessed it, one is 4/30 and the other is 4/130. So does anyone know how to tell the manufacture date on Clairol Loving Care Natural Instincts? Thanks so much. Victoria
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 6:23pm
Hmm Maybe if view http://www.miss-clairol.com/salon/linklist-msds.html
I see dates 3-08 & 10-07 Natural instincts  with shade numbers given in there. Perhaps there is a clue in there...Embarrassed  For 080 07 and 08 section 3 Comp & Ingred.

080 95211317

HC Red 3
Disperse Black 9
HC Orange 1
HC Yellow 2
HC Red 1

080 95211317

HC Red 3
Disperse Black 9
HC Orange 1
HC Yellow 2
HC Red 1

Edited by borne.blonde - August 27 2008 at 6:42pm
sideliner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sideliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 2:05pm
yes, clairol changed to soy based from oil based. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic