Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matted/Knotted hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matted/Knotted hair
    Posted: October 09 2008 at 3:40pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site & very happy to have found it.  I have a big problem.  I had micro braids put in my hair for the very first time about 1 1/2 month ago.  I had them taken out last night; washed, cond & put a rinse in my hair, set under the dryer for 30mins then rinsed.  My hair is so matted, tangled & knotted.  I put some more cond & oil on it trying to loosen it, & I bought Mane & Tail detangler spay.  Nothing is working.  If anybody have suggestions please share, I'm desperate.  Thanks. 

Petra
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2008 at 6:33pm
did you try gently combing out the tangles while you had shampoo or the conditioners in your hair?
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 12:40pm
Hi Happy!

I'm a member of another forum and one of the member is taking about this same problem and some of the things she's doing to try and fix it.

She's also a braid wearer and has problems with the end tangling and knots forming on the ends. Maybe you and she can put your heads together on this. Here's a link so the thread.

http://forums.black-women-beauty-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314

Hope this helps.

Edited by Gldspoon - October 14 2008 at 12:41pm
Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 1:20pm
Thanks for the info.  I finally got the last knot out late last night.  I was viewing another forum a couple of days ago & there was a discussion about matted/tangled braids.  One suggestion was not to wet the hair; comb it loose dry.  Well I did just that & it worked.  It took a couple of days & a whole bunch of patience but it worked.  Thanks.Big%20smile
Petra
happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 1:26pm
Yes I did; it didn't work.  I finally got them out by combing it while it was dry.  It was really hard work & time consuming but it worked.  Thanks.Smile
Petra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic