Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 7:34pm
Update!

I think I have figured out what is causing some, if not all of my breakage.  Upon going to the Dr and having blood drawn, I found out I have hypothyroidism.  Usually people notice shedding BUT in reading about hypothyroid - hair can be brittle and break easily.  Maybe once I get meds started that non-sense will stop!Tongue
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 1:38pm
good luck! and maybe a vacation would help you too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 9:30pm
LOL!!  Maybe sooooooo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:41am
OK, I have GOT to get some style to my hair or I am cutting it all off.

Sooooo, here's the cut I want and will be getting soon.  I like it because I won't loose all of my length, it will give me some style AND I can grow this cut out longer and it will still be cute.  This is a medium length shag.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/shag.jpg
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 12:25pm
     Wow, that's dramatic, Jenn. Shocked Honestly, I think your style is stunning right now. I've yet to see a bad grown-out photo yet! But I'm a flowing hair guy, and you're a spike and go gal, so you've gotta be happy! Smile Blessings, Bob 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 1:06pm
Wow, I like it! but, Bob has a really good point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 3:22pm
Hehe, spike & go!  Thank you for the compliment Bob.  I like the cut too shortyslong .... but I will discuss this style at length on Tues when I go for my appt. 

The main thing is, I would like to keep my overall length and if I can't do that right now with this cut, I will put it off.  The last thing I want to deal with is hair that I can't put up, during the hot summer months....EEKS!

So, while I love that cut/style - it might not be doable for another couple of months.  I'll pop back on with whatever we decide.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 6:37pm
OK, final decision upon discussing with stylist.  We decided to keep length but re-work layers and thin it quite a bit.  It's soooo much lighter!  I LOVE THIS CUT!  And I can't wait to see how it looks as it gets longer!!!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/June2nd4.jpg

Please excuse the puffy/blood shot eyes.  I don't know what that was all about considering I had 8 hrs of sleep the night before.  Weird!

Flat ironed at the salon.  Mainly to tell where it was too bulky and needed texturizing.  I HATE my hair flat ironed though.  Needless to say, I liked it better in the above pic, where I styled it myself.  It's kinda fun to see it look different though....even *if* I didn't like it....hehe.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/June2nd2.jpg

Edited by smilinjenn71 - June 03 2010 at 6:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 5:52am
Very nice! The length is great! I'm glad to see you didn't chop it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 5:58am
Thank you shortyslong!  I am sooooo glad I didn't chop it too!  And I can't wait for another 6mos of growth.  This cut is still fun/flirty with the flipped ends AND I didn't have to sacrifice the length in the process....SCORE!Big%20smile
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 8:51am
Wow looking great. Thanks for the update. Keep growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 6:36pm
Looks great Jenn. So shiny and attractive.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 7:48am

Jenn, your hair looks the same length. But, now you have some style. Very nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 8:10am
Thank you Mike, Jojo and Paper!  I'm VERY happy with my cut!  Having some style again has made ALL the difference for me to continue growing.  I don't think I realized how much I didn't like my hair for several months.  I'm glad to report that I quite love it again.

Edited by smilinjenn71 - June 05 2010 at 8:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 6:57pm
Hair styled for lunch with my girlfriend on Friday. {doing the happy dance} LOVE MY NEW CUT!!!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/DSC00835.jpg
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by smilinjenn71 smilinjenn71 wrote:

Thank you Mike, Jojo and Paper!  I'm VERY happy with my cut!  Having some style again has made ALL the difference for me to continue growing.  I don't think I realized how much I didn't like my hair for several months.  I'm glad to report that I quite love it again.

Now, THAT is good news! Lookin' beautiful... Wink Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 9:11pm
~blush~ Thank you Bob!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 10:12pm
wow that's amazing! gotta show the wife

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 4:52am
shortyslong - I'm glad you like it and I hope she did too!Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2010 at 6:13pm
WHOA, July has been busy!!

Here's my growth pic for July 1st.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/July1st.jpg

Line is marking next goal ... APLSmile

Edited by smilinjenn71 - July 14 2010 at 6:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
  Share Topic