Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My favorite haircare tip.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boatfloat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatfloat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My favorite haircare tip.
    Posted: November 20 2008 at 12:07am

I have been doing something new, but simple to my hair that has worked wonders in my opinion, and i get compliments on my hair all the time now.

I thought I would share...because after much struggle with my puffy thick hair, my problems are solved.

(On a side note, if your hair is thick and puffy, get it point cut and razor cut, not layered or thinned with thinning sheers, but that isn’t the secret. )

The secret is...

First, use a light shampoo that wont wash out many of the natural oils. Biolage is good, but pricey, I use a great Biolage knock off at BJs Wholesale Warehouse sold under the brandname "Berkeley and Jenson." It works just as good, if not better.

Second, instead of buying conditioner, go to Wal-Mart and in the vitamins section you'll find a tub of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It's 100% pure coconut oil, so it'll be in a solid pastey form, but all you have to do is put some in a container with a spoon or other utensil, about two teaspoons for the average head of hair, and mix with hot water. You'll notice, if the water is hot enough, the oil will dissolve into the water.

(I have relatively short hair, so I use a old film container to mix my oil in.)

After shampooing and rinsing, pour this concoction into your hair.

let it sit for about 2 to three minutes, and comb in through the hair if necessary .

Rinse it out.

Jump out of the shower and do everything else normal.

You should notice very shiny, healthy looking hair.

Edited by boatfloat - November 20 2008 at 12:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic