Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Very strange issue with my hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Very strange issue with my hair...
    Posted: November 24 2008 at 5:47am

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any advice.  I've been getting my hair cut into different bobbed styles now for a little over a year.  I like the look of an inverted bob but something awful happens to the back of my hair whenever my stylist cuts into it!  It seems I have a cowlick or something, because I always end up with this choppy looking, flipped out effect and it just doesn't look quite right. It almost looks like a 5 year old cut into the back of my hair or something, lol.  My stylist is awesome; I've seen her do bobs on other women and they always look stunning!  She and I have been trying to figure a way around the problem; she's started cutting my hair dry now and that seems to help.  But, I was just there the other day getting my hair cut from the grown out shoulder length bob I had to a mid-neck length bob and  once again the back looks funny!  What the heck?  Has anyone else encountered a problem like this or heard about it happening to someone else? Could it be that some bobs are off limits to me and my crazy hair?  Do I need to stick with more of a classic type bob that doesn't require much in the way of angling or stacking in the back?  I'm so frustrated...for the most part, I love the cut I got over the weekend - it looks awesome from the front, but the back does look like something isn't quite right Cry  Oh well, the good news is that it is still long enough to wear back until it grows in a little more - at least there's that!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2008 at 7:43am
do you have pics of the cut?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
rknoedler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknoedler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 4:13am
Is your hair naturally curly or wavy?   If you have a really terrible cowlick you can use a relaxer or perm on your hair to get it out and get your hair to lay straight.  good luck.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 8:24am

Well it looks like I freaked out before I had a reason to, LOL.  It's actually not bad.  I think I was remembering an incident I had from last year when it looked liked like a chunk was missing from the back of my hair and there was no way of disguising it.  I thought maybe that had happened again but it looks like this time I just have to be careful when I style it - no flipping my head over during the blow drying process, I use a little gel to to tame the cowlick and then I go over it with the flat iron and it's fine.  Phew!!

stylistTouchNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylistTouchNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 6:19pm
i think that if u r bobbing u need to taper in place under the shadow of the bob. u probably do have a cowlick or maybe ur stylist isnt setting or layering to purpose
Shobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 9:34pm
Hey
stylist Touch NJ where are you a stylist in nj

stylistTouchNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylistTouchNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 10:10pm
In orange- my cell is 9738852979 for more questions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic