Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleaching your Hair without the yellow =)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleaching your Hair without the yellow =)
    Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:39pm
I am platinum blond most of the time and I have had the worst experiences in "HIGH END SALONS" you know the ones that cost $200 just for a cut and color Shocked
The problem most people have when putting bleach on my hair is that i always have a yellow tint to it.... Now you don't see Pink or Christina Agulara with yellow in there hair No it's platinum blond...
I want to share with you the only thing that has been found to work on my hair as far as platinum blond goes Tongue

A very good stylist from Florida did this to my hair and considering that i live 2300 miles away at the time she gave me the recipe so here it goes

MATRIX Vlight
3 scoops to 3 ounces of 40 volume developer
I get the small packages and add the developer 2 pckgs does my whole head
Let sit for 45 min. WITHOUT a dryer Wink

Dont overlap
And to hold the shine and add gloss for healthier hair after a few days put a Matrix Colorsync CLEAR.  also called prizms.plus in a purple bottle let sit for 15-30 min without a dryer.

Now the 40 volume is a main key so dont listen to anyone who tells you to get no more than 20 volume, and no DRYER!
I dont get any yellow and she didnt even have to use a toner after the bleach =) I have thin hair but a lot of it and now it grows so much healthier than before with rediken or other bleaches i have had used. I hope this helps anyone who has this problem Wink

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - December 01 2008 at 10:45pm
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 11:19pm
Thank you for sharing. I have been curious of the Colorsync clear, violet, sheer pastels(look beautiful) & matrix prizms.plus white too.  Do you have to use the Colorsync "Activator" or will any brand volume do the same. 

Do you use any violet shampoo/cond or special moisturizing treatments?

Thumbs%20UpP.S. If you ever have time please list the ingredients to V-light...I am having difficulty finding the msds or ingredients of the powder lightener so far. TY.

Edited by borne.blonde - December 01 2008 at 11:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 5:07pm
Well I dont have any packs left but i will be going to the beauty supply store in the next couple of day and i will grab a few pack and list the ingredients. As far as developer i use the Matrix SOLITE 40v if i remember right when i got the developer sthey only had 8, 16, and 20v in the colorsync activators. I have been told by everyone that you can use any brand of developer but i personally like to keep my brand names together. However a 32 oz. bottle of the solite was like $3.00 which will last about 100 bleaches lol.
I do use a purple shampoo and conditioner called vivid color Pure Blond.
As for deep conditioning about once a month I do a recnstructor called NUCLEICA or N.R.G..... it does wonders =) on the bottle it states to put on hair after shampoo and let sit for about 15 min however i let sit for about 30 and i put my hair in a cap or bag and put a hot towl and wrap that on top of my head to keep the heat in Smile
The only colorsync i have used is the clear, have you used the others such as violet and white? oh and i just realized i am a little confused on your ? "do you have to use colorsync "activator" or will any brand volume do the same?" I answered that above thinking you were refering to the v-lite, but just in case you were refering to the prizms.plus you just add that to dry hair and let sit. you dont have to mix it. But for some reason I think you already new that Wink
glad i could help If I confused you in any way let me know and also if you have any additional questions i will do my best Big%20smile

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - December 02 2008 at 5:08pm
Sinfuliphone.com
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 7:16pm
Love the Pink... I haven't tried these products yet but I will let you know when I do (so00Oo jealous)!! Thank you so much for sharing.Thumbs%20Up
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 10:47am
Hey- if you find what works for you, then by all means stick with it ! :-)   As long as your hair is still in good condition, keep it up. Just keep conditioning and trying not to overlap the bleach. My husband used to bleach my very long hair ( I can't do it myself ) but he was so bad at overlapping the bleach I had to stop bleaching it....:-(   Now I settle for a dark blonde with highlights.   Good for you !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 4:53pm
lol I hear ya I almost thought about having my husband just bleach mine but i was afraid he wouldnt be as careful on my hair as he is on his car Big%20smile
The best thing about v-lite is that is has a lot of conditioner in the products so while you are bleaching your also conditioning at the same time. Yet were most poeple mess up with bleaching roots is putting the person under a dryer and that is no good... girl you just need to find you a friend that knows how to do hair or teach her on a wig how to not over lap i love my platinum blond but like you said find what works
Wink

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - December 06 2008 at 4:54pm
Sinfuliphone.com
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 7:06pm
Yeah it made me so mad because I told him over and over again not to overlap it and he kept doing it...I wish I could find a friend to help me.

I really don't think he totally understood what I was telling him. God I would LOVE to have platinum blonde hair. People say it lots of upkeep, but I ALREADY spend so much time on my hair it's the same thing...I am definitely envious of you :-) LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 7:24pm
well thank you it means a lot... One thing that you can do is go to a collage like a beauty collage they are way cheap and if you bring in the stuff i put above they will do what you want to and it's not as expensive... since you are a darker blond right now you would just apply the same forumla to your eniter head but you might need a toner which the collage should have. you will probably make a friend there and then you will have a stylist forever. =) I only mention because my stylist is 2500 miles away from me. You wont catch me without my hair getting done id go crazy lol but i found a girl in a collage getting ready to graduate and now she does my hair at her house all the time for like $50 bucks! girl you know you cant count on a guy for certain things and doing your hair is one of them lol i'm glad i didnt try to convince my husband to do mine lol. Or last resort if you dont trust them cause for a long time i didnt just talk with some of the students aside from people tell them what you want done and as long as they are not afraid of bleach and dont overlap and do what the forumla says you'll be fine. just a thought for ya if interested Wink
And for the record i dont think it is anymore keep up than anyone who dyes there hair. I think mine might be only because i have extensions but i maintain those myself. you should try using a purple shampoo and conditioner just switch between that and another shampoo and conditioner of your choice like everyother 2 days it will lighten your hair a lot Smile
i use vivid blond for the purple stuff, biolage  and redken Wink

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - December 06 2008 at 7:30pm
Sinfuliphone.com
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 9:39pm
Thanks so much for the suggestion, actually I never thought of going to a beauty college but that's an excellent idea ! I do use a purple conditioner now, and I highly recommend it to anyone who bleaches their hair..it has worked wonders on keeping the brass out. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 9:17pm
I guess it will take me like 5 years to post the ingredients but i do know that there is Panthenol in the v light bleach which is a conditioner. i have to go get some tomorrow so i will post the ingredients.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic