Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Couric
    Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:51pm
OK, I'm coming out of my self-imposed hiatus to report that Katie Couric got her hair cut shorter than it has been in years. She showed it off during the CBS Evening news on Monday. And I hate it. And I changed the channel.
Who has more fun than people?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 12:43am
Glad to know you are still knocking around out there!  I, for one, miss your highly informed, albeit heavily biased, views!

The last time you went on an extended hiatus, we though Gord died!

Don't be a stranger.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 12:51am
Thanks. To be honest, I found it wasn't worth the trouble.

If someone takes the time to notice a celebrity and her hair and post the information, should the poster constantly have to defend himself against charges that the celebrity wasn't famous enough, that her hair didn't change that much to be noticed or that the poster didn't post enough celebs of a certain color? Like I said, it wasn't worth the aggravation.

However, recently, someone (a female) asked me to reconsider, that this board had grown boring and that I was discovering things that hadn't been posted. I noticed there were some days when no news or opinions were posted, but that's the way it goes. Anyway, be careful for what you wish for...

Kramer
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 5:22am
What is everyone talking about?  This cut is awesome on her.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 6:18am

I think it's an improvement

Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 6:19am
As always a very sexy haircut..
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 7:06am
First, Hi Kramer! I didn't realize until just now, it has been boring around here.

Second, mixed feelings on this cut. I'm thrilled that, after overstaying its welcome by years, Katie's finally gotten rid of that sometimes-lighter, sometimes-darker, sometimes-shorter, sometimes-longer, bob, with the ski slope long bang down the side. Wasn't bad exactly, just kinda bland all the way through.

This cut, though... I don't know. I usually like short, layered cuts, but there's something about this one that looks kinda pasted on, like a wig. Like it should either be styled forward or moussed back Hillary Clinton style, but this straight-down, in-between version looks bland and rigid. It certainly doesn't make her look younger (IMHO) and might even make her look a bit boyish.

Looks like another frustrating miss to me. I'll hope they style it differently in the days to come...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 7:10am
First off, I'm glad that Kramer is back.  I think the board had grown boring and there wasn't much new information being posted. 

Secondly, and most importantly, I think Katie asked her stylist to give her the 'Hillary Clinton'. 

Really Katie?  This is what you came up with?  She had the sides completely chopped off.  This will be a difficult cut to grow out too if she ever wants too.  It will take forever to get it back into a bob because the sides are so short.  I think there is a very good chance that Katie will keep this cut for a very long time.  I think the last time her hair was this short was about 8 years ago.  She grew her hair out between 2000 and 2001.  
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 7:55am
Kramer, I'm glad to see you back!

When I first saw Katies cut, I hated it. I didn't turn the channel though lol. It did kind of grow on me, and she is cute no matter what. I do think though, she looked younger and cuter with the longer hair.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Ben C Ben C wrote:

Secondly, and most importantly, I think Katie asked her stylist to give her the 'Hillary Clinton'. 

YES! As soon as I saw the clip posted by loveshorthair, I thought her new do looked liked Hillary's. It cracked me up, Ben, when you had already posted the comparison.
hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 10:00am
Pic of her new cut.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 10:13am
That's no Hillary cut. Hillary's hair is harsh. Katie's is soft. The bob was boring and didn't look that professional. This is stylish, yet authoritative. She's almost 52 and still looks great.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 10:49am
I'm sorry but I think the haircut is out of place. 

Katie was supposed to be a newscaster "out of the mold".

Sure it is a nice cut, and probably flatters her enough, but she now looks like how everyone "expects" a female news anchor to look.  I feel the cut makes her look older, and I haven't seen such a perfect hairdo since the last Sunday when I saw former Cowboys Coach Jimmie Johnson on FOX Football Pregame show (his hair never moved either).

Too stiff, with none of the life or warmth of her former short do from the Today Show (one of the greatest short cuts EVER), or even the softer look of the shoulder length from when she started the CBS news.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 12:05pm
Sorry for my fourth posting on the topic, but don't you think she looks a tad more masculine with this cut, especially in the photo that was posted? If you didn't know it was Katie, you just might think it was a handsome young man. (OK, at a quick glance.)
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 12:12pm
Its just not a flattering style on her in my opinion. Her short cut from years ago looked much better on her than this one.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Sorry for my fourth posting on the topic, but don't you think she looks a tad more masculine with this cut, especially in the photo that was posted? If you didn't know it was Katie, you just might think it was a handsome young man. (OK, at a quick glance.)

You are spot on, the cut is more masculine, as for young....again, I say the cut makes her look older.  Maybe she needs to smile more?
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 5:30pm
Horrible choice, imo.
Ages her by years, and is just plain unflattering.
Looks like something that is at an awkward stage of a grow out.
Sack the stylist.

And Kramer, couldn't agree more! She looks like a pretty guy(although I know you said handsome...).

Edited by rardman - December 02 2008 at 5:32pm
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 7:06pm
Watched Katie live tonight, and still puzzled by this. I think changing from the bob was a good idea. I think going shorter and layered was a good idea. But I think this is a bad cut and a bad style. It sits flat, the layers don't flip out or back or offer any feminine touches, and the front pieces are still just barely too long to be bangs, or even long bangs. It seems to sit in between about seven other cuts/styles that would have been more definite and more flattering.

I'm not entirely sure if it makes her look older or more masculine, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't make her look younger or more feminine.

This is the latest in a little flurry of cuts on celebs that I not only don't like, but which (IMHO) seem like genuinely bad cuts. I still don't quite understand how people who regularly go on camera, with all their resources, get it this wrong. Maybe CBS can't afford professional stylists anymore?
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 9:37pm
Maybe she wants to be Assistant Secretary of State?

Welcome back Kramer, missed ya.
HAWG
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 3:20pm
She got "the Hillary"
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic