Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric (anyone watching?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Couric (anyone watching?)
    Posted: December 10 2008 at 6:05pm
I stumbled across Katie Couric doing the news this evening and noted that her hair looked somewhat shorter than usual. With the ratings she's getting, it's understandable that nobody noticed or posted this. She ditched the bob and cut her hair shorter.

Anyone care?

http://www.wowowow.com/post/katie-courics-haircut-makes-news-why-150748
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 6:15pm
Scroll down the main page, bro.

Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 7:35pm
Ironically, after railing so often against the dreaded ear tuck, of all the pictures and video I've seen so far of Couric's cut, the best image of it is in the wowowow article linked above, and it's BECAUSE one side is tucked behind her ear. Other than that little tweak, it continues to be styled oddly stiffly and straight down, sorta on top of the ear, sorta not.

Wow, how bad does a cut have to be to be improved by an ear tuck?
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 9:41pm
That's one of the funniest observations I've seen on here, Curlyfan. The funniest? Short hair looks way better than long hair.

OK, I'm kidding. The short hair comment was more sad than funny.

hehehe

By the way, I wouldn't know. I haven't seen Katie on the news. Yes, I'm so screwed up that I won't watch a news reader because of her haircut.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 7:17am
I feel your pain, Kramer. I've gotten in the habit of checking Katie when her broadcast starts, confirming it's still a bad cut with a bad style, and switching over to Brian Williams. I'm fascinated that they keep styling it exactly the same way, like they're specifically aiming for the sweet spot of maximum plainness.

By the way, I'm not generally "for" short hair or "against" long hair. I've been fans of both on many occasions. My thing is that style matters more than length or color or even cut, that a good style that has shape, personality, and compliments the wearer should be paramount, whatever the length.

My frustration with some long styles isn't the length persay, but that long hair often has no shape or personality, it just sits there being long and overwhelms the wearer. Harder to do that with short hair, the lack of length seems to force a more definite style. But to the women who have long hair and a great style, by all means, wear it!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 7:25pm
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse... Katie tonight had the exact same style, except - wait for it - she switched the part to the other side. So now it's just as straight-down, just as flat, just as shapeless, just as bland, just as unflattering, but.... parted on the other side!

I'm now convinced this is part of a government plot. What else could explain such consistent, precise ineptitude?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 9:03am

Katie obviously doesn't care how I feel. Does anyone like this hairstyle on her? If so, do you like it better than the way she used to look? If so, really?

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 10:52am
[QUOTE=Kramer]

Katie obviously doesn't care how I feel. Does anyone like this hairstyle on her? If so, do you like it better than the way she used to look? If so, really?/[QUOTE]

Well, it looks "better" than it has since the first really short cut after moving to CBS.  I still like the longer bob on her better.  She is starting to show her age more with the current look.  I guess looking young and fresh doesn't mix with serious network news. 
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 11:55am
If feel she couldn't have made a bigger mistake then this. In my opinion, Katie looks like hell with her hair cut like it is. She should have kept her bob. She did look younger with her hair longer. I say "Katie, LET YOUR HAIR GROW back out, ASAP".
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 1:37pm
I think it would look a lot better if she cut the front shorter... the long side swept thing just doesn't balance very well.
Merlin101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 3:17pm
I started to not even post on this topic, but found I could not resist. Katie has always been the poster girl for short hair for a reason. Because she looks fabulous with short hair, the shorter the better.  The bob drug her down and she lost her "perkiness".  Sorry Katie, I know how you hate the "P" word. Loveshorthair is right, she should go a touch shorter in front.
I can barely conjure myself out of bed, let alone conjure up the devil.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2009 at 10:11am
Me no like.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 6:01am
I agree with loveshorthair but, I still like it
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 6:16pm
Hairstyle still defiantly odd and unappealing, but blonder now. Katie, let me introduce you to the deck chairs on the Titanic for your rearranging pleasure...
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 7:05pm
Katie is looking better, she might be letting her hair grow out a bit. Enclosed is a link to TV Heads and a cap of her

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 7:26pm
Glad she might let it grow out a bit. Maybe with Dana S comming to Prime Time. Maybe growing it now isn't a bad thing. Small hair war maybe?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
drunkgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 10:02pm
She should let it grow out alot..........I'm partial to long hair. I've never been a fan of Katie anyway
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 8:22pm
I saw Katie on tv the other day and yes, I do believe she is starting to grow her pixie cut out again.  It's been just about a year since she chopped it short, although the original cut wasn't this short.  At first she simply had the Hillary Clinton haircut.  Later, she went even shorter.  Now it appears she might be in the VERY early stages of growing it back out some. We'll see...
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2010 at 8:35pm
Here is a update on Katie's hair, I think she is looking better. She still needs to let it grow.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 8:47pm
Maybe ABC having their own female is the cause?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic