Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hi im a newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bl@siangirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl@siangirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi im a newbie
    Posted: December 18 2008 at 5:59pm
i just wanted to let yall kno a lil something about me and my hair

im half bajan(barbados) and half filipino (philippines) and my hair is REALLY crazy when i was younger my hair was just like my mothers straight  and thick then over the years it got big frizzy and CURLY then i got a relaxer a few yrs back the lady burned my hair. very bad:[  then i grew it out and not it is naturally curly!:] i love it . i usually where it curly but when straight it is so pretty about brastrap lenght right now

my goal is to be waist lenght im very excited to have joined the board

here is my regimen:

curly hair
i wash my hair water and baking soda and rinse with apple cider vinger

i co wash with passionfruit from VO5

and i use cantu leave in

and i spray my hair with water and conditiner

i usually co wash mostly everyday and wash once and week

Striaght regimen

wash with baking soda and rinse with acv

then i conditon with got2be ceramic condtioner

i blow dry my hair with cold air

i use tresseme heat spray

and then biologe smoothing serum to flat iron (i go back in forth with maxiglide and the remington professional flat iron)

i Deep conditon with passionfruit con, honey, olive oil and leave it in my hiar over night and wash in teh morning

when my hair is straight i love to pin curl it or bantuknots cuase i hate using too much heat!!!!! i wash after a week when straight

i think i wrote WAY!!!!to much tell me what you think i should add to my routine:]

Edited by bl@siangirl - December 18 2008 at 6:19pm
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 7:58pm
Welcome to HairBoutique bl@sian! It seems like you have a pretty good routine..is there any areas you're having troubles with or areas you'd like to improve in? If not, I don't know what else you could or should do to it, being as your current routine has been working fine for you.

I love Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In, I've been meaning to try the rest of the line.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl@siangirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 9:41pm
well i like dyin my hair like recently i dyed a lil section on the back of my nape. it was suppose to be redish color BUT since my has is naturally dark brown my stylist bleached it first then she  dyed it reddish color but it ended up being orange i have been having alot of breakage i have been conditoning a lil more but i havent been seeing results any suggestions?

ALSO  what is the baggie method? 

Edited by bl@siangirl - December 18 2008 at 9:47pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 10:25pm
The baggie method is when you moisturize your hair, seal with an oil of your choice and put on a plastic cap. You can leave on for half an hour or overnight, either or.

Hmm, I haven't had much experience with bleaching. Maybe you need to try the baggie method, incase your hair needs extra moisture, since the bleach can be very damaging to your hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl@siangirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2008 at 10:35am
thanks i thikn im going to try it with my jojoba and olive oil:]
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2008 at 11:07am
Good luck! Hope it helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic