Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not sure if this is the right place to post...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cgp20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgp20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not sure if this is the right place to post...
    Posted: December 28 2008 at 7:17pm
But I need a lot of help.  Please bear with me.

My hair was shoulder length with long layers and permed.  I have naturally straight, limp hair, and I permed my hair about 5 months ago.  I loved it!  Each month, I got a trim like I should.  But last month I noticed that the new growth coming in was making the top of my hair look flat, while the sides and bottom were beginning to look pouf-y.

I went to my usual stylist, but she was out sick that day.  Looking back, I should have waited.  But I didn't :(  The lady told me I needed to add a few more layers to liven up my hair.  Sounded safe enough.

I was WRONG.

When she finally twirled me around to look at myself in the mirror, I still had the same length (about my shoulders).  But she'd hacked layers into the top so short that the shortest layer fell far above the tops of my ears.  The worst part was that I had super short layers sitting on the top of my hair, but then the length hung like a flat sheet.  Truthfully, I looked like a poodle.

I returned later to see my regular stylist, who ended up having to cut a lot of length off and layer me up even more to blend everything.  My hair is now chin-length.  I still have the super short layers on top. 

And I have no clue how to style my hair.  I've tried looking up styles for short layered curly hair.  Obviously this isn't a very popular look, cause so far I've found none. 

Anyone have any ideas for me?  Pictures would be nice.  I'm so depressed and I really dread having to grow my hair out again. 

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2009 at 1:34pm
bob%20hairstyle
(http://www.short-hair-style.com/curly-hair-style.html)

Have you straighted it out to see how it looks and wear it that way? The 1st and only time I got layers, the lady cut my hair short, where the longest layer was @ my jaw and my hair is curly too so for me, I jus brushed out my curls/wore it straight til it passed that awkward stage, which for me it took forever. I played around with my hair, I put rollers in it and came out with an afro LOL that was a sight to see.
I'd suggest playing around with it like pull it back with like a headband and have like all your curls to the back..I don't kno, keep playing around til you find something you like, that looks good on you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic