Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If toner touches virgin hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
muppets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If toner touches virgin hair...
    Posted: January 01 2009 at 4:01pm
What happens if toner touches virgin hair? I would like to touch up highlights at home and am worried that I won't be able to separate the bleached from virgin hair well enough. 

Will the toner ruin my virgin hair?
Beauty draws us with a single hair.
~Alexander Pope

I'm a kitchen beautician, not a licensed cosmetologist, so please take any advice I give with a grain of salt!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 6:20pm
Just toner? Nah,it shouldnt effect the virgin hair much.I wouldnt worry about it.
If it is highlighter you are talking about getting on the virgin hair,it may lighten it some.Just take your time,seperate the hair with clips,and you should be okBig%20smile

slatka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slatka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2010 at 10:37pm
My natural hair color is a level 5-6. Its a medium color. When compared to dark hair, it looks light. But compared to a blonde, it's pretty dark. I have really light blonde highlights and EVERY time a stylist used toner on my hair, my natural regrowth turned out so brassy. They would be so orange that I would HAVE to redye them with a darker dye to cover it. I have stopped using toners because of this because I hate always having to redye my hair. I just stick to using blue or violet shampoo to cancel any of the yellow or orange tones my blonde highlights may grab.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic