Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BLEACHED HAIR MYSELF! NEED A LITTLE ADVICE PLEASE!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BLEACHED HAIR MYSELF! NEED A LITTLE ADVICE PLEASE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ella_doll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ella_doll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLEACHED HAIR MYSELF! NEED A LITTLE ADVICE PLEASE!
    Posted: February 04 2009 at 2:37am

Hi everyone! Well I bleached my long thick almost black hair a few days ago. My hair is also very wavy! So i'm sure no stylist would had wanted to touch me with a ten foot pole..lol..long thick, wavy almost black hair to light blond! My hair was in great health and had no color on it, so it took pretty well with little damage., but the color is sort of gold?maybe yellow? I also used a champagne beige clairol toner..it helped some but not alot.

So my question is to acheive a paler ash blond should I bleach again another time? I've read sometimes it takes 2 times bleaching..

'or'

should I just use a high-lift ultra light ash blond to lift out the remaining gold/yellow?

Any help would be soooo appreciated!! I've already learned alot about hair color here Smile

p.s... I tried to upload a pic, but wasn't sure how, but the avatar is my hair today!
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 10:15am
On test swatches I used 323 & 301 for the coolest result in that brand. Also A purple shampoo, conditioner, or mousse could bring it up while the toner fades. If you lightened to palest yellow I wouldn't try HL as it could damage your long locks.  It looks beautiful. What bleach did you choose & how did you section it!? :) The difficulty I have with mine is sectioning the wavy mop lol drives me crazy hehe.Wink  
ella_doll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ella_doll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 12:37am

Thank-you born-blond! I'm glad you told me about the hi-lift being damaging! I definetely won't be getting one of those! As far as what bleach I used well..let me just start off saying awhile back  I was a blond, I bleached my hair myself then too! Always light blond form darkest brown! I was pretty proud I could do it with such long hairSmile well I did decide to grow it all back dark again after awhile..but lately I began missing the blond and wanted it back..not listening to anyone who said my hair was far to dark, long, and thick! I used back then revlon frost and glow for dark brown frosting kit! so this time I wanted to go a little more professional and get something at sally's and go dark blond...but at the last minute I went and got my trusty revlon frost and glow (3 boxes!!!!!) and went after light blond again! I had my bathroom all ready...mirrors behind me ..all around so I could see all hair, then just started in the middle, then the ends , then the roots...I had to put my hair in huge velcro rollers the day before so it would be straight , so it would be easier to color my waves..lol..I don't part it really I just worked it in layers..WOW was it a job! but really worth it! My hair turned a nice blond with little damage! My only complaint is the different yellow and gold tones here and there! I want to try another toner..which one do you use? I'd love to find the perfect one!! Thanks so much!!!

Smile
Ella

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 6:44pm
I have been testing many different kinds of toners, bleaches, hair colors, shampoos on swatches.  So far I really LOVED the color I got with Schwarzkopf silver color save shampoo!
also a mixture of 301 & 323,
& Wella T18 Color Charm Toner white lady
& White Minx or Ultra White Minx Roux Fancifull Rinse. 

Now if you are for going on Ebay  Matrix Color Sync has Sheer Pastel Violet that I wish to try!!

I also got Igora Ice Flower mousse to try in the future. *Many good reviews*

When I tried Hi Lift Colors over Bleach (even with using 20volume) my hair would straighten or get frayed frizzy like~!!!!! I tried almost every HI LIFT @ Sally's before trying Bleach. Gentle bleach lifts so much better for me. 

I am hoping to get Fudge (whiter shade of pale) which many recommend.Embarrassed

I have heard rave reviews of the Frost N Glow kit but never tried it.  The bleach I liked best for getting to pale yellow with no streaks & in 90 min or less was ion brilliance lightener (purple tub @ sally's) OMG this stuff smells DELICIOUS, so does the developer. YUM

I forgot... Do you have a "STAR PIC" or color you wish for most???

Edited by borne.blonde - February 05 2009 at 7:07pm
ella_doll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ella_doll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 1:50am
I would love to try the ion bleach when my roots grow in!! Which strength developer do you use with it...20, 30, or 40? Also, what's your mixing ratio for it? I'm not sure since I always just got the kits. I also picked up some of that silver shampoo today..I can't wait to tr it! I must admit it's fun being blond againSmile even though it's not quite the color I want yet! I have fliped floped from wanting dark blond or light blond but I did finally decide that I want a super light blond!

I wonder why I can't paste pics..hmmm..my star pic or goal hair would probably be something incredibly light blond like Pink or Jessica Simpson! with no yellow..lol...Do you think I should re-bleach for maybe a shorter time to remove the rest of the yellow and gold tones? The toners aren't  doing too much. Maybe my hair is not quite pale yellow.

Thanks for all your helpSmile

SmileElla

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 5:41pm
I'm using 30 for the mid-to ends 30 or 20 is recommended . You can do 1 to 1 or 1 to 2 on those.
For SCALP: use 1 to 2 and 20 or 10 volume. Meaning 2 amounts of volume developer.

It warns NO HEAT & not to exceed 50 min. Also check every so often when test strand to find perfect safe time.

It is hard to say without seeing & touching our hair. You would need to do a gentle bleach on a strand to see and not go past pale yellow.  Also once hair has been colored with permanent color an unusual yellow occurs when bleaching.   I love Pink, Sarah Harding, Agyness hair colors. P!Nks Titanium /silver looking looks awesome too.  Somehow I get a silvery color with T18 & T14 in wella is silver . Unfortunately I am not sure how that would look on me with long wavy hair like a Sorcerer or something.Tongue

When re-bleaching strands that are sturdy...you can rub off the bleach to see how it is coming along to get the least amount of time needed.

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index.asp?month1=432 

Has awesome galleries.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic