Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Below Shoulders to Short Pixie Tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PetiteFleur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Below Shoulders to Short Pixie Tomorrow
    Posted: February 04 2009 at 3:27pm
Firstly, yes I am brand new to the site. Exciting I know!! ;)

Secondly as the title states yes I'm going from below the shoulders to a short pixie cut tomorrow. I'm extremely tired with the hassle of long hair. The up keep is just too much. Also I want something for when I go away to mexico I wont have to worry about a frizzy mess after swimming.

Anyways on to the show...

Here is my hair now after it has been blowdried with a round brush and srtraitened. Burgandy/Auburn Dec. 08

My hair air dried Red/Brown June. 08

Now my only question is, keep the Burgandy colour I have now, go back to my natural medium brown/red, or go white blonde?

I've fallen in love with the white blonde Pixies that I've seen, I was blonde as a child , but am unsure if I could pull it off now.

So what do you all think? :)

Edited by PetiteFleur - February 04 2009 at 3:38pm
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 7:22pm
How short are you going?  I think that matters.  I am a fan of white blonde also but if it is a longer pixie, I think you would be better off keeping some color
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by bnbivi00 bnbivi00 wrote:

How short are you going?  I think that matters.  I am a fan of white blonde also but if it is a longer pixie, I think you would be better off keeping some color

I want to get it cut really short.. then I might let it grow to a longer pixie for summer time

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 8:21pm
Looking at your skin and eyes, I think you are better to keep the darkness.  Just my personal feelings.  Or what about a dark red?
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 8:42pm
Red/Burgandy is possible.. It's what I have now.. and my eyes are generally green so it is always a great colour on me. I'm a little tired of it though.. have had it since August now.

Hmmm we shall see.. maybe Ill have my stylist hold colour sample to my face.. haha it's like painting!!

Edited by PetiteFleur - February 04 2009 at 8:47pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 8:47pm
I think the darker is better.  I really like auburn color on you.  Since you are tired of it maybe just a different tone would be enough change - especially with the big change in hair length.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 9:00pm
Thanks Loveshorthair,

I do agree I look good with dark hair.. but the blonde is so appealing.. maybe because its a drastic change for me I don't know..

Here is a picture of me from when I lived in Florida, my hair from swimming and being out in the sun got really light in colour. Was not dyed at all.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 9:33pm
I like the picture from Florida; I think you'll look awesome with short hair.  Good luck tomorrow. 
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 9:36pm
Thanks Hawg...

I've had pixies before and I always liked them so fingers crossed I can choose a good color!!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 6:20am

I can't wait to see your new pixie! I hope you enjoy your new look

lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 7:49am
wow, you are very cute and can def. pull off a pixie no problem.
i say the darker colors go better with your eyes.
why not try an angled short bob first with a clippered nape ?
it might be nice to still have a little length in front and have the back nice and short.
do you have any pics of your hair short w/ out the headband?
good luck!!!
make sure you take lots of pics for us to see

Edited by lovebobs - February 05 2009 at 8:28am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by shortvslong shortvslong wrote:

I can't wait to see your new pixie! I hope you enjoy your new look

Thanks!! Well the deed is done!!! I love it, I went shorter than my b/f would have liked but with Mexico in a month and summer coming soon I wanted something really short, easy to maintain and style.. and plus it's hair.. it grows back!! Good thing he doesn't love me for my hair!!

Anyways, I will post pictures in an hour or so.. have to keep an eye on dinner before I burn it!!

Stay tuned!! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 4:00pm
Ok here are a few pictures.. Camera crapped out on me .. so I will post more when I have new batteries.

More to come soon.. *Promise*

**EDIT** Let the Batts rest and Was able to squeeze one more in before it died again.. 

Edited by PetiteFleur - February 05 2009 at 5:57pm
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 4:48pm
OH MY! You look really great. The cut really suits you. I think you should try the platinum blonde, that will really turn heads.
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 5:08pm
oh it turned out so cute lookin!!  looks great.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 5:51pm
Now that I see the pics - a lot shorter than I imagined.  I say that maybe the platinum blonde color would be a good choice.  Be careful that it isn't too white othewise you might look bald.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 6:02pm

Thanks everyone :)

and I added one more picture to the post above under **EDIT**

Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Now that I see the pics - a lot shorter than I imagined.  I say that maybe the platinum blonde color would be a good choice.  Be careful that it isn't too white othewise you might look bald.

I wanted to do the platinum blond but it looked good the colour it was so I left it. When it grows out a little I might consider chopping it and then go platinum :)
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 10:28pm
Love it! You look awesome.  Thank you so much for including us in this latest adventure.
HAWG
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2009 at 7:40am
you nailed it, enough said!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2009 at 10:56am
As requested a view from the side...

However I was feeling creative this morning so you will have to bear with the*HAWK*

I can't get a good picture of the back so we will have to wait for now untill someone will do it for me..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic