Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perm to straight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mcflybabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcflybabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm to straight
    Posted: February 19 2009 at 5:17am
I have permed hair and love it, but I'm going to a party next week and want to straighten my hair. Can I do this as a one-off or will it ruin my perm? I have long hair and have had it permed for about 3 years.
Thanks for any help you can give.
xxx
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 9:34pm
I know I'm mad late but I don't believe straightening it with a flat iron would ruin the perm. 
julia.wilson21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julia.wilson21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 11:43pm
U can do the straightening of your hair but the quality of your hair can be damage so be careful about your hair because its a beauty matter.
curly hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curly hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2009 at 3:55am
You can temporarily straighten permed hair. Your curls will bounce back after your next shampoo or if your hair gets wet. Keep in mind though to wait a few days since you've had your hair permed before straighten it.

And make sure to use moisture-rich shampoo and conditioner, leave-in conditioning treatments and protective styling products.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic