Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP! PLEASE! QUICKLY! Can't get glue out of hair!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! PLEASE! QUICKLY! Can't get glue out of hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! PLEASE! QUICKLY! Can't get glue out of hair!
    Posted: February 25 2009 at 9:19pm
I had taped weft hair extensions in and removed them myself.  I went to a beauty supply store and bought Liquid Gold Quick and Easy Bond Dissolver.  It claimed it was the best and that it could not only remove the extensions easily but the glue left behind on the hair so less damage to your hair.

Well not so at all!  The extensions came out easy with the help of a hot iron but the glue left behind won't budge! And it a lot of glue!  Its like the extensions came off and all the glue was left behind.

Many have said Citrus C-22 but I CAN'T wait for some C-22 solvent to be shipped to me and I don't know where else to get it.  It seems that is the best option but does anyone have ideas on where or what store I can go to get this stuff?  I can't go around like this!  Any other home remedies????

I know Goo Gone removes gluey stuff, stickers and such from glass.  Is that the same stuff or more chemicals that would hurt my hair?

I hope someone reads this soon....Cry

Edited by Wendi41 - February 26 2009 at 9:32am
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 9:57pm
Well I just tried removing some glue from my hair with  Olive oil, no luck.  Then I put more LG remover on the glue and got some glue out-but a chunk of hair came with it!!!  Its like the wefts came out but all the glue stayed behind. It literally looks like I still have tape in my hair but its glue strip in the exact shape of the tape!  They must have put too much.

I'm tired and going to bed.  I just doused some olive oil all over my hair so my hair won't dry and make it worse.

HOPEFULLY someone will read this and be able to tell me what to do.  I DON'T want to go to the salon and have them do it.  they'll charge me hundreds.  I had to go back in a couple of weeks after they installed the taped wefts (seamless skin) because a couple were placed too high the first time and it kept showing.  And they charged me $75 to correct THEIR MISTAKE!

So who knows what they would charge me for this.

Oh I hope someone can help.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 10:07pm
They used seamless skin tape? How much is left in there, Wendi?

Edited by amm - February 25 2009 at 10:09pm
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 10:24pm
Seamless skins usually don't hold that well on their own. I'm thinking they applied an adhesive on them before pressing them in?

Do you have a Sally's or Walmart close to you?
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 7:45am
Oh they ADDED liquid adhesive to the skins so that it would last longer.  I saw them with a little bottle that had a brush and they painted it on before they applied to skins.

I have Sally's and Walmart.  I already called Sally's and any beauty supply to see if they had that citrus remover.  It sounds like that would be perfect because it takes gooy sticky glue off anything.  I just don't know if it safe for hair.

I wish I could get my hands on the ingredients of both Goo Gone and C-22 to compare.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 10:55am

Note to admin: I HATE these commercial videos that are loud and that you cannot even stop. The pause button doesn't work for the first ad. Too bad

Wendy,

Go get some Goo Gone at your local store, it is a good product, be careful to not let it sit too long on your scalp, as it can be irritating though.

Goo Gone is kinda like the citrus remover.

You also have a remover called Supersolv from hair direct that would work well on skin wefts:

http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Ppi-Super-Solv-Adhesive-Remover-8Oz.aspx

Last resort you can use pure acetone, but it's gonna melt the skin part of your skin wefts. It's good on LG though.
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 11:48am
the wefts are OFF.  got them out last night.  Just left with a bunch of glue on my hair.

Can acetone work on hair?

Look you girls do extensions all the time.  There has got to be a way to get this off or no one would put any in.  It seems like a large number of women use glue adhesives on their hair.

Every place is charging THIRTY ONE dollars $31!  to send it overnight or anything else i won't get it until next week!  i've got to find a solution that I can buy in a local store.

Has anyone ever used Goo Gone before?  It just seems more harsh than the C-22 and C-22 is for hair only.
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 11:55am
Well I looked up goo gone and it says it can remove gum from hair so it must be safe for hair.  I'll have to try it.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 4:42pm
Wendy I use acetone to remove tape & glue. It works wonders for me. Not everyone has the same success with acetone, and some people just prefer not to use acetone. Pure Professional acetone is sold in hardware, home improvement stores, beauty supply stores and even in walmart in the nail polish & nail supply departments.
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 11:52am
So I used the goo gone and got the glue out fairly easily.  But pieces of my hair came out WITH the glue!  Awful.  I thought the goo gone ws the lesser of the two evils.  How anyone uses GLUE in their hair I'll never know.  If you have hair that is compromised, the DON'T DO IT!!!!!  Stay away from glue.  Take it from me.  And the idea of putting acetone in my hair made me cringe even more.

I've just ordered the Tembond MANEMAXX hair from manemaxx.com and feel this is the best way to go.  There are no glues or chemicals and ZERO DAMAGE so even my hair can take it.

I will share my experience with it later on to hopefull prevent someone else from going through what I went through.

Again, please do not use hair glue if you do not have strong healthy hair.  Even if you do, it will certainly compromise the integrity of the healthy hair you do have and certainly won't be the same.
cypresscrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cypresscrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Wendi41 Wendi41 wrote:

Stay away from glue.  Take it from me.  And the idea of putting acetone in my hair made me cringe even more.I've just ordered the Tembond MANEMAXX hair from manemaxx.com and feel this is the best way to go.  There are no glues or chemicals and ZERO DAMAGE so even my hair can take it.

Oh, that's what it's all about? Hmmm...
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 10:10am

Wendi,

I have been using Liquid Gold for a while now and it is a very gentle method when you know how to remove the lg boogers out. I find it the easiest method on my hair personally.
You have to let Goo Gone or supersolv soften the lg boogers for a few minutes, then they come right out with a comb.
The hair that has come out with lg residus is probably some old hair strand that should have shed from your head but got trapped in the glue. We have all been freaked by this during our first removal process, it is normal though. Do a quick serach on old topic if you want to read posts about this.
As for Manemaxx, a lot of girsl like it and like the customer service so you might as well give it a shot. Especially if you're scared of the removal process. I haven't used it myself, I don't want to go back to fusion, I like wefts + lg way too much!
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 11:09am
Thank you.  You're very sweet.

I don't know what that "hmmmm..." is all about.  Aren't we here to share our experiences?  Isn't this an OPEN forum?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 4:52pm
This type of glue is a pain to get out.

Now that the extensions are out, to remove the residue try adding baking powder in with your shampoo.  If you do this a few times it really helps to get the residue out.

Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 7:52pm
Good idea metalgirl, never thought to add that to shampoo. I just normally use a clarifying shampoo
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 11:39pm
Wendi, any type of hair extension attachment can cause damage if not installed or removed right. Especially during removal. You have to be very careful and patient and let the remover work. Dont pull or tug. The bond typically doesnt break down isntantly when you apply the remover (whatever type of remover you decide to use). You have to work it in and be patient and let the remover do its job.

I have fine, dry, brittle hair and Ive been wearing glued in or taped in extensions for several years. My hair is better now than before I started wearing extensions.

As with any method there can be damage if not done correctly. Even with manemaxx. Although manemax should be an easier removal.  Good luck with the manemax!
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:38am
Well I've already been practicing with the tembond on a manny head to get the feel of it first.  I can tell already the removal with Tembond is effortless.  There will be no damage.  I used a manny head with 100% human hair too just to make sure.

Now I'll be using tembond on to install my daughter's hair first then mine.

I'llpost about it all after I'm done with both and put photos up as well.
hairthatrox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairthatrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2009 at 6:09pm
Mix sally's acetone with orange oil - guaranteed to work ; )
♥HAIR EXTENSIONS ROCK MY WORLD♥
patience View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2019 at 9:08am
Isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't say enough about this. I had tape in extensions for 5 months (had them removed and put back in 3 times during these months)  In the middle of a move hating my dirty hair and hating not washing it daily.. they needed to be out.  My hair girl cancelled my appointment to take them out.. so I had to take matters in my own hands. I warmed up coconut oil, found a small bottle to pour it on the extensions and then let it sit. The more coconut oil I put on the better they came off. But I was left with the glue and some really stuck extensions. I had only had them put in 27 days prior to this so some of the extensions was really stuck. GROSS! So I googled it. They said 90% Isopropyl alcohol. I had 91% Isopropyl alcohol. So here we go.... Not only did the extensions that was stuck come out immediately it also took the glue out without thinking twice. Its amazing. Totally comes right out. Best glue remover ever!!!! Isopropyl alcohol Isopropyl alcohol Isopropyl alcohol Isopropyl alcohol Isopropyl alcohol Isopropyl alcohol Isopropyl alcohol! Amazing!!!! 

Just had to share :) 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic