Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good products/straightner for straighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ldiablo233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldiablo233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good products/straightner for straighting
    Posted: February 25 2009 at 11:55pm
I'm sure its been discussed a million times before, but I'm new here.Wink
My hair is super thick, wavy, and frizzes like crazy. I'm also a guy, if guy hair is any different?? I have a 12 inch mohawk now, but I'll be growing all my hair out so I can't imagine how frizzy it will be when theres twice as much hair. I have a 13 dollar 1/2 inch straightener from Walgreens that, for the price, isn't bad. But I need something wider and better.

This ones cheap and is "designed for coarse hair" and has good reviews, but is only 1 inch wide:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9219372

I'll willing to spend some money on a good one, but would like to stay under 75 bucks, and even 50 if possible.

1.Any suggestions on a good one?

2.And what product helps keep the hair flat and not frizzy?

3. How bad is box chemical straightener?
 I used it a long time ago and didn't get past combing the hair cause I saw strands of hair in the comb( I have ocd and I get paranoid about my hair like thatDead)

I have a Sallys Beauty Supply near by so if its anything I can find there let me know.
ThanksTongue

PS:Japanese straightning is too expensive(And damaging!) and straightening shampoo/conditioners don't work.

Edited by ldiablo233 - February 26 2009 at 12:03am
hairstraight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 10:42am
you may see chi hair straightener, chi flat iron this here more type and more brand and this here sale 20-60%.
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 3:04pm
I suggest a flat iron, I'm not a big fan of chemicals so I prefer to straighten my hair with a flat iron.

Edited by askvivi - August 30 2011 at 3:20pm
Aimee0801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee0801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 1:32pm
Go with any iron which heats all the way up to 450 degrees but has temperature control so you can choose your setting so you don't damage your hair.

Some irons will automatically turn off when it gets to 480 degrees which can help the fuse from blowing.  It will help the life of the iron.

There are many on the market which offer these features.

Good luck.

Edited by Aimee0801 - September 02 2011 at 1:50pm
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 8:16pm
If you are using a iron, make sure you use heat protectant before: You should check this out: http://www.thebeautyplace.com/tigi-bed-head/140257.html
Monee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 6:57pm
Wash hair with smoothing shampoo and conditioner try "my Amazing Blow Dry Secret" spray and blow dry, this cuts down bow dry time and frizz try using a vented "Wet Brush", rub a couple drops of light or moderate serum to hair and flat iron adjust flat iron to your hair texture do not overdue the heat it can cause damage. You could even try a silk wrap that allows the hair to be smoother.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic