Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting my hair after 7 years!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
N3RDPHR3SH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N3RDPHR3SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting my hair after 7 years!
    Posted: April 24 2009 at 5:27pm
Woah! I suggest you tell your barber that you are trying to get waves so he will know naturally how low to cut it
Alexqd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexqd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 5:45pm
Oh ok bro thanks alot :)
dothdamnthang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Alexqd3 Alexqd3 wrote:

Thanks alot for the response i have a quick question. Umm since i already have a fro cant i just have him cut it to an unmanageable point instead of cutting and regrowing? or No?

Also what does wtg mean? sorry im new to the boards

No .. you need the short cut to train the hair to wave up..

WTG ... With The Grain... Basicly you wanna get a 1and a half even stephen WTG..
Alexqd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexqd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 3:03pm
Thanks alot for the response i have a quick question. Umm since i already have a fro cant i just have him cut it to an unmanageable point instead of cutting and regrowing? or No?

Also what does wtg mean? sorry im new to the boards
dothdamnthang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Alexqd3 Alexqd3 wrote:

Ok im gonna get my hair cut in a few days and start my wave process. How low should i cut my hair? I dont want to cut it to low and cant wave, so what should i tell my barber? My afro is currently past my shoulder. Cant wait to start wavin!

Get 1.5 With the Grain (wtg) make sure you wash an condition your hair the day before to wash products out.. Dont reapply any products.. after cut and line up brush hair good with a softy to get out the loose hairs then apply a good moisterizer Carrot cream Olive cream or lotion Pink oil will even do.. then brush as often as you can an durag.. Wolf it out (letting hair grow out until Unmanagability) about 8 weeks or longer... never sleep with out the durag.. Have Patience moisterize brush often and durag and you will be Spinning but remember Patience and Brushing along with moisterizing is the key to getting Waves .. Good Luck and START BRUSHING 

Edited by dothdamnthang - February 28 2009 at 1:49pm
Alexqd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexqd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 12:53pm
anyone please help? what level should i cut my hair to start wavin? #1,2,3? ect
Alexqd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexqd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 6:38pm
Ok im gonna get my hair cut in a few days and start my wave process. How low should i cut my hair? I dont want to cut it to low and cant wave, so what should i tell my barber? My afro is currently past my shoulder. Cant wait to start wavin!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic