Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pastel pink hair color... how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pastel pink hair color... how?
    Posted: March 22 2009 at 6:40pm
Hi.  My hair is bleached almost white & I want to color it a pastel shade of pink.  How would I do that?  Could I dilute a hot pink shade with clear?  Here's a picture of what I want:

thanks.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 12:12pm
I'm not a pro so if anyone who's done this before pipes up, listen to them!  Since you've already got white, all you need is dilute dye, so you could do some test strands either with dye that is diluted with something (maybe water or clear gloss) or try really short times like one minute, 5 minutes.  I'd just test strand and see what you get. 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 2:01pm
You can mix them both together, however make sure you mix them well as to avoid uneven colour. As Susan has said , do a strand test first.

karen sanderson
r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 1:40pm
Get cupcake pink, by Special Effects. Then dilute it. Get a bowl of white conditioner, with the amount you'd need to cover your head, and slowly add the dye until you get the color you want. Keep in mind, a diluted dye will fade much more quickly so it will need touched up frequently.
doubt truth to be a liar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic