Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cost for a sew in?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cost for a sew in?
    Posted: March 31 2009 at 6:40am
Hi all. I can never recall what is considered "reasonable" for a sew in weave.

The lady I was going to visit is asking $200 to sew in 4 wefts.

1 @ 10 inches

1 @ 8 inches

2 @ 5 inches

I am bringing the hair and did not purchase it from her as I use the Russian and she doesnt supply that type of hair but she does great install.

Does $200 sound right to you?
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 7:33am
Hey Krimsa,
I think the cost of a sew in can vary a lot. I used to get sew in in France and it was around $50 for a full head, but it doesn't mean your price is a rip off. You should inquire what the prices are in your area. Also, is it done in a salon?
I remember reading Diva's opinion on this, and she said you should ask for pictures of the stylist's work, ask a lot of questions etc.

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 7:39am
Ive been to her before but it was months ago. I had three wefts the first time I went to her and I think she charged $150. No, shes not in a salon but works out of her house. She does a good job but Im just wondering if $50 a weft is a little high?
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 10:41am
Why don't you post on BHM, I am sure the girls over there would be more than helpful.
I am not really familiar with sew in prices in the US unfortunately
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 1:54pm
I've never heard of anyone charging per weft.  Around me sew-ins cost around $120-$200 for a full head sew-in, styled. 
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 12:58pm
Well in my case I do the open top sew in where my hair is essentially open and draped over the wefts once they are sewn in so 4 wefts will be a "full sew in" for me. Before I had three and it was fine so this will just be a little thicker. I dont know if she charges "per weft" exactly. I just told her I had 4 wefts and she quoted $200. I guess thats reasonable. Anyway thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic