Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sarah Haines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sarah Haines
    Posted: March 31 2009 at 8:54am
Whoa, Sarah Haines, the "Facebook Chick" of The Today Show, made a drastic change in her hair, switching to really long bangs and layered, feathered in (?) sides. Personally, I think it's an unnecessary loss of beautiful hair -- she looked fantastic the way she was. I didn't know many women cut their bangs to be this long. I thought they cut them shorter and let them grow to this length. I love long bangs, while others hate the sheepdog look. As for the layered sides (or whatever they're called), I think it's a very dated look that would just go away. Still, Sarah is a real positive addition to the Kathy Lee and Hoda hour of The Today Show.
Here's how she used to look:
%5bimage%5d%20

2009-03-23_00015.JPG%20-%20image%20uploaded%20to%20Picamatic

Here's how she looks now:

today-033009-115.jpg%20-%20image%20uploaded%20to%20Picamatic

today-033009-110.jpg%20-%20image%20uploaded%20to%20Picamatic

Who has more fun than people?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 10:10am
Kramer, when your right, you are right.  It looks like the hairdresser got too busy with the thinning shears.  I'm not a huge fan of the current style.  It works well on shorter hair, but her hair didn't need to be thinned out like that. It looks more lifeless than before.  IMHO.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 5:21am
It isn't that bad.  Cut it up to her collar bone (where there is a layer) and cut the bangs 1/2 inch shorter and I think it would look better.  The longer look was good but probably required a lot of work to look good.
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 5:05pm
From a male perspective, it's as if she decided to go from totally hot to pretty cute. You can go to the hairdresser a bit too often, I guess.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 6:19am
The before look is far better but, if she cut some length off it might balance the new look with some fullness
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 8:17am
Y'know, I feel like I'm living in a really magical time. I see some random pretty woman on TV like Sarah Haines, with her long hair that's beautiful but kind of shapeless, and I wonder to myself, I bet she'd look great with bangs. Then, a week or two later, poof! There they are.

I really mean this. For years, women seemed united in defiant opposition to bangs. Everyone's hair was tucked behind their ears. Suddenly, it's like they're all rediscovering the beauty of bangs, and converting to them all at the same time. Every day I wake up and someone who I thought should try them, is trying them.

I'm not being sarcastic at all here, I really think it's cool. Not that every fringe works on every woman - far from it, in fact. Sometimes it's a total miss. But I still get such a kick out of watching it. Since women seem determined to try only the hair trends that fashion dictates are in style at the time, I'm glad what's in style now is something I generally happen to like. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

As for Sarah, I agree, cut those bangs back, sweep 'em to the side, and you'd have something pretty gorgeous there.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2009 at 11:18am
Lots shorter, dang it.

Image%20and%20video%20hosting%20by%20TinyPic

vlcsnap-6551855.jpg%20-%20image%20uploaded%20to%20Picamatic vlcsnap-6551917.jpg%20-%20upload%20images%20with%20Picamatic vlcsnap-6552081.jpg%20-%20upload%20images%20with%20Picamatic vlcsnap-6551711.jpg%20-%20Picamatic%20-%20upload%20your%20images

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2009 at 8:46am
I guess you can't have long hair for long working with the TV news.

Edited by Mike46019 - September 28 2009 at 8:47am
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2009 at 8:55am
Wow what a shame. She had such beautiful long hair :(
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2009 at 11:08am
Caught her on this morning's show. Hair was thinner, sort of shapeless, bangs growing out. Bummer.

While I'm not sure Mike is 100% right that women CAN'T have long hair and work in TV news, I do recall NBC announcing a while back that Sarah was being promoted to a correspondent of some sort, so maybe this look works better for her new role.

She seems to change styles every so often, so I'll wait for the next version...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2009 at 12:59pm
Her hair was so beautiful. This current style doesn't work for her at all. Gotta wonder what the bosses and/or stylists are thinking..
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2009 at 8:39pm
Another theory: Kathie Lee Gifford didn't want Sarah to have the best hair on the show. Jealousy.
laurieG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2009 at 12:48pm
I like it short and long, she can look good in either
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic