Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products for Fine Thinning Hair??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for Fine Thinning Hair??
    Posted: April 19 2009 at 4:15pm
Please I need help.  My hair is very fine and for the last 6 months it has been getting thinner.  Some of it is breakage, but it is also falling from the root.  You can see my scalp through my hair.  I have been taking numorous vitamins.  I use Matrix amplify shampoo.  I use different conditioners.  Nexus Emergencee about every two weeks.   My newest product I've added is Sebastian Re-Shaper strong hold hairspray.  Maybe this is too heavy for my hair.

Can anyone tell me what products work for you if you have fine damaged hair.  I'm try many products and I'm just don't have money to keep wasteing on hair products.  any help would be greatly appreciated.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 4:29pm
My hair is fine and you can see my scalp as well...so far I haven't found anything to stop it, reverse it or re-grow it and I've been trying for many years. I honestly feel there is no way of re-growing what I've lost...

Since you say your hair is damaged, I think it would be best for you to heal and repair your hair and work from there.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 10:15am
Try Nioxin products...They are pricey.... But they work well....
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
adh31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adh31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2009 at 11:52pm
I have thin hair that is damaged from dying it and I went to Sally's and got this shampoo and conditioner and the treatments by Follicure. In just 2 uses my hair felt thicker and healthier. I think it takes about a month before it takes hold but you can see immediate difference in texture. It basically takes out any harmful residue and starts restoring hair and it is very inexpensive.
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2009 at 8:55am

I have been so depressed about my hair.  I think I'm going to try Rogaine again.  I tried it years ago but it made my hair greasy.  But I think I also might try the products you suggest by Follicure.  Thanks for the reply. 

jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2009 at 8:59am
I have tried Nioxin products.  But the shampoo and conditioner didn't give my hair body like other shampoos.  I was considering trying them again.  I'm also considering rogaine which I tried years ago but it made my hair feel greasy.  Thanks for reply 
adh31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adh31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2009 at 5:41pm
You can research Follicure on the internet and it will tell people's experiences with it and they were all positive. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic