Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rcarter24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcarter24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:15pm

After rinsing the bleach and shampooing your hair, I apply Wella InDepth, because it stops the bleaching action from occuring, it adds protein back into the hair and evens out the hairs PH.  After that, I personally, dry my hair or let it air dry, then I apply toner.  I should say I dry my hair if I am using a toner that requires peroxide.  Of course, with virgin snow, the hair should be wet.  But supposedly, any toner with peroxide can be used on wet or dry hair.  I just prefer it to be dry.  As far as the 12A that you pointed out to me in the picture- becareful.  Its an ash color.  My hair picks up the ash base, which with Wella, happens to be a blue color.  So when I get done with 12A, my hair looks very bluish.  I prefer using a toner with a violet base.  I can live with violet looking hair- blue hair isn't for me.  Another thing that I have recently tried and it looked as white as Santas beard- I used clairol 323 after using clairol shimmering lights on my hair twice.  My hair came out a beautiful white.  It will only work if you hair is bleached to the same color as the inside of a banana peel.  Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.

rachpreach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 8:08pm

So Im confused, the Wella Colortouch 10/89 and 10/6 are toners or dyes?

I prefer to use toners on my hair with it being only "towel" dried. If its all the way dried, it seems to soak up too much of the base of the toner.

Im going to do a bleach bath tonight and apply t18 white lady and see how that works.
rachpreach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 9:58pm
well i did the bleach bath to freshen up my hair and possibly lighten it up a bit and that did nothing. I then did a test strip with t18 on my damp hair and it turned it a grayish ugly ass color.....BIG SUPRISE!!!

So any ways, like I asked previously, are the wella 10/89 and 10/6 toners or dyes? If they are dyes then how would you go about using them and which one is better (10/89 or 10/6)???
rcarter24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcarter24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 6:14pm
Personally I had better white results with the 10/6.  They are called hair dyes.  But, they are semi-permanent.  Its doesn't matter if its called hair dye or toner.  Use the 10/6 like any other hair dye.  But, I would suggest, putting it on dry hair.  The internet is the only place I had found to buy it.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:21am
Color Touch is DEMI. Anything that requires a developer is not a semi. I currently use that line as toners and it is fantastic. 
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:54pm
Personally I've used Shiny Siler Ultra from Sally's which is a purple conditioning shampoo. Seems to work well eliminating brassiness and keeps my hair feeling great.
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:57pm
Sorry DP 

Edited by Jojoswr - August 05 2009 at 8:00am
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2009 at 11:58pm
I got to try this shampoo. Is Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Color Save True Silver Shampoo the same thing that you mentioned that will bring hair to a cool platinum? I want a pale ashy platinum that's not quite white blonde. As for toners, I loved Wella Color Charm Toner in Ivory Lady, it gives me really beautiful shade of pale ivory that's not silvery, yellowish or goldish at all. It does come out a little lilac but the end result is fabulous. After a few shampoos, my hair turns out really pale BUT not white blonde. I'm thinking that white blonde is probably lighter than platinum blonde, is that correct? Another thing is that you should try Roux Fanci-full in White Minx to maintain your white blonde hair in between touch ups. It said:

"   * PRODUCES A WHITE-WHITE TONE
    * RINSES IN AND SHAMPOOS OUT
    * NO AMMONIA OR PEROXIDE
    * 15 APPLICATIONS PER BOTTLE
    * KEEPS COLOR LOOKING ITS BEST BETWEEN COLOR TREATMENTS"
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 5:29am
Hey Born.Blond Are you still using the Schwarzkopf silver shampoo. Im so over the shimmer lights it just turns my hair purple and so dry even after I shampoo the purple out im left with a hint of like gray. Wtf is going on here. I have been stuck on my matrix bleach they have a new Blue formula can I say AMAZING. I still use the matrix color sync toner but I am ready for something else. I just seem to have lost my ability to get pearl white and my hair is to freakin gray purple from shimmer lights it wont go away its been months lol.
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
Ant_Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 10:09am
i did the bleach bath to freshen up my hair and possibly lighten it up a bit and that did nothing. I then did a test strip with t18 on my damp hair and it turned it a grayish ugly ass color.....BIG SUPRISE!!! So any ways, like I asked previously, are the 10/89 and 10/6 toners or dyes? If they are dyes then how would you go about using them and which one is better
https://time4buying.com/best-hair-toners/

Edited by Ant_Man - March 12 2019 at 10:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic